That's A Monkey (Little Mingi)

(We stan amazing musicians. Stream Guerilla for a great rest of year.)

Little: Mingi (Age - 6)

Caregivers: Yeosang and Wooyoung

Yeosang POV

Today we went to the zoo.

I like animals and so when Wooyoung suggested we take our little to the zoo, I was excited! Mingi usually slips to no more than six years old, so everything is exciting and new to him in littlespace.

"Mama what's that?"

"That's a giraffe baby."

"And what's that?"

"That's another giraffe."

"What's that?"

"That's Wooyoung. Get down from there!"

Wooyoung reluctantly got down from the edge of the elephant enclosure.

"I dropped my sunglasses. Now I'll never get them back."

I held onto Mingi's hand as we continued our walk through the zoo. We went down path after path. Mingi was constantly asking what this animal was and what that animal was, it was cute.

"Mama can I have a popsicle?"

"Yes you can. Wooyoung go get the baby a popsicle."

"Why me?", he replied.

"Because I have to hold his hand. We both know he would run off immediately. We don't want another harambe case do we?"

"No sir, we don't."

Mingi and I sat at the benches in front of an enclosure. I watched as Wooyoung did his absolute best to communicate with the American popsicle man.

"Mama look!"

My attention turned to Mingi, who had his entire face against the glass of the Gorilla exhibit.

"Mama it's a monkey! A real one! Why Curious George doesn't look like that one."

Trying not to laugh I answered his question.

"Because George is a cartoon."

"Are monkeys cartoon?"

"No, just George."

Wooyoung walked back up to us and handed Mingi his popsicle and me an ice cream cone.

"Never ask me to speak to people again."

"Be social."

"No."

"You are a lot to handle."

"You know you like it. Anyways, are those Gorillas?"

Mingi whipped his head around.

"No daddy! It Monkey!"

"But the sign says Gorilla. Right Yeosang?"

The sign did indeed say Gorilla exhibit, but if Mingi says it's a monkey, then it's a dang monkey.

"Mingi says it's a monkey, so..."

"Oh come on."

Mingi hopped off the bench. He started walking away and we followed him. He walked around to the other side of the exhibit where most of the Gorillas were.

He put his hand against the glass, and the Gorilla who was sitting there put his hand up as well.

"Daddy look! The monkey touch my hand!"

Wooyoung was already taking photos to send to the group chat.

"He's giving you a high five baby!", I said.

We watched as Mingi excitedly giggled and played with the Gorilla, who was reacting to his every move.

A woman tapped me on the shoulder.

"Hi."

"Oh, hello ma'am."

"I see you have a little with you. My wife is a little. I brought her here as well."

"That's nice. Mingi likes animals, so we decided to bring him here."

"I'm glad more people are confident bringing their littles in public. He looks so sweet."

"He is."

"Well, you have a nice day!"

"You too ma'am!"

The lady walked away, leaving me smiling. I turned to the side to see Wooyoung taking a photo of me.

"Hey! Why are you taking photos?"

"Because you have a beautiful smile."

The couple next to us went "awww" and turned back to the monkeys.

Mingi stood by me and whispered.

"Mama, the monkey said he wants to come home with us."

"Did he now?"

"Yeah, and he said he wants to sleep in my room."

Wooyoung and I made eye contact before I replied.

"How about this? Let's go home and watch a documentary about Monkeys before we decide."

"Okay Mama!"

Mingi skipped off towards the parking lot direction.

"You monster.",'Wooyoung said.

"Well he has to learn the truth about monkeys some way."