Oblivion - Part 16

After we got the room key we asked if the motel still did room service, knowing we are very late. Unfortunately, the kitchen was already closed, but as a service she was perfectly willing to order pizza for us, we agreed and thanked her. When we got into the room, I told Jake to take a shower first. While he was in the shower I looked around the room at my leisure, meanwhile I grabbed clean clothes to put on after my turn in the shower, and placed them on the bed. The room was modest, sufficient enough to stay for a few days. Which brings up the memory of Jake saying the same thing about his then hiding place.

Then it hit me, so unexpectedly as if a switch was flipped, one memory after another kept rushing in. It was so overwhelming that I started to cry, I drop to my knees on the floor in front of the bed and went from crying to uncontrolled sobbing. Frightened Jake came rushing out of the bathroom, dripping wet from the shower, wearing only his boxers. Which makes me laugh hysterically and then I went back sobbing again. He also drops to his knees beside me, wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. "It will be all right, breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Follow my breathing" his voice is calm and steady, I can feel him adjusting his breathing to a rhythm I can follow. He doesn't say anything further, allowing me to focus on his breathing, we sit like that for a while until I've completely calmed down. "Thank you" I whisper to him. He wants to let go of me, but I stop him. Now that all the memories are back, the longing for him, that I had felt for so long, is also back. Now with relief, tears are streaming down my cheeks. "You're here Jake... you're finally here, with me." I wrap my arm over his and pull him even closer to me. We only had body contact, words were not necessary to fill the void of missing each other. When we where satisfied we loosen the tight grip. I don't know how long we had sat like this, but Jake was completely dried up and his skin was cold.

In his embrace I turn to him and look into his eyes. His eyes are filled with tears like mine, he knows. Without words he knows that I remember him, that I remember everything. I wiggle my arms between us and gently I take his face in my hands, with my thumbs I tenderly wipe the tears away. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I left you. But I'm here, I'm here now." I try to soothe him and also myself. Between the tears that keep flowing I give him small kisses on his face and finally lean my forehead against his. When I look up again he brings his lips to mine and kisses me. Deeply passionate, as if all the built-up tension and all the years of waiting had to be released at once. I kiss him back with just as much passion, my hands moving from his face to the back of his head, pulling him closer, my fingers entwined in his hair. One of his hands slides to my neck and the other he places on the floor next to me as he leans further over me and lays me on the floor with his body hoovering over me. When I break free from our kiss to gasp, he continues to kiss my neck. I arch my lower back towards him, I want more, I want him completely. But then he stops and struggles a bit to get up on his knees. "Jake?" I look at him surprised because he stops. "I know, I'm so sorry. But I'd better stop now and say I don't have any protection with me than when we're a lot further along." I see him biting the inside of his cheek, probably holding some curses inside. It makes me giggle, I straighten myself to sit up and give him one more kiss "I love you, Jake."