Chapter 4 - The Hughes

It was a new day, the sky was as clear as ever, no clouds were in sight at all just the glistening blue on a fabulous summer day. The sun was blazing and there was a warm breeze from the ocean so it felt like the perfect day to be spent laying by the beach, get the right amount of tan and then party some more.

"Meg we're  trying out surfing" kayla stated as they made their way out the hostel to the beach.

"You are kidding me right" Megan said in response, Kayla was always the spontaneous one in their friendship while Megan was the victim of those expeditions.

"Do I look like I'm kidding to you?" Kayla asked putting her serious face on which always made her best friend laugh cause the whole serious face never worked.

"Heather you see what this girl does to me" Megan complained to her roommate while gesturing in Kaylas direction.

"It's not my fault I want to share every special moment with my best friend in the whole wide world" she gave out an act which earned a laugh from Heather.

"I'm not falling for that again, last time it got me grounded for a month" Megan recalled the time Kayla made her sneak out to go to a senior party with her because she was hoping to hook up with this hot senior she liked.

"Come on, no one's gonna ground you here" Kayla rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, but I don't wanna die" Megan had a serious phobia for surfing even though she loved swimming.

" Fine" Kayla finally gave up as they settled their things on the sparkling sand which was too white and clear, no wonder they called it clearsand beach.

"How about you Heather?" She turned to Heather who was sitting on the piece of clothe, dressed in a yellow bikini and a pair of sunglasses.

She pushed her sunglasses to the top of her forehead and looked at Kayla,

"No thanks" that was the politest way she could put it since she was utterly terrified of the ocean ever since she learnt that it was the home of sharks and other dangerous aquatic animals.

"Besides there are other programs in the afternoon that don't involve suicide mission,there's music, dance, art, archery and all those other nice stuff that don't involve me losing my limbs" Heather added.

" Ok suit yourself, but you guys don't know what you'll be missing out there"

Megan rolled her eyes at her and sat on her piece of clothe, she loved what she was wearing, a black and white stripped bikini and of course her favorite ray bands with a floral pattern on the sizes.

"I'll tell you what, next time you ask me to do something for you, I won't hesitate" Megan gave in to make her friend feel better and it seemed like it worked cause Kayla agreed and run towards the counselor who was in charge of surfing.

Rocking her one piece swim suit, Kayla got to work on the board in no time, she was a fast learner especially in sports.

There were tones of people learning how to surf while others were surfing like pros on the side. A guy in a blue and white printed shorts caught Megan's eye as he made his way to the water with a surfboard in his hands, drawing her attention from Kayla to him. He got on the board laying flat on his stomach as he paddled with his hands towards the waves. He squatted on the board while still holding the board waiting for the right wave. His strong arms releasing the board underneath him as he balanced it out, his shirt less self showed a perfectly built up chest and abs, gosh he looked like he just walked out of a magazine! Hitting the waves on a simple white board like he was born to do this.

"Hey Heather, did that guy go your school?" Megan asked not once moving her eyes away from him.

"Which guy?" Heather sat up and removed her shades to have a clear view of him.