Chapter 20 - The field of flowers

Chapter 20

He jogged up to where she was laid out on the beach. A big sun hat covering half her face, regardless of how much her face was not in his peripheral vision he still knew that was his Megan. She wore a red bikini that complimented every curve of her body and he stumbled in his step taking such beauty in. When he got closer he noticed her roommate join her sitting right next to her and told her something that made her laugh so animatedly throwing her head back. That sounded like music to his ears, a sirens call luring him closer to her as it got louder with every step he took.

He placed his surf board next to her mounting it in the sand to keep it stable and standing which made her look up abit startled. But when her round eyes met his, her whole face relaxed granting him a wide beautiful smile.

"Hi beautiful " he squatted down taking off her hat and kissed her cheek. He felt confident to do so after their conversation on the phone the previous night. He had called her like he had proposed which melted her heart a little but she wanted to keep it short rambling on about how Kayla was sleeping in bed next to her and didn't want to disturb her. Despite the short conversation on the phone they were making some sort of progress.

"Hi yourself" she instantly felt heat rise up her cheeks settling where his lips have just been. Will she ever get used to this giddy feeling whenever he kissed her or was in such great proximity to her? It made her heart flutter in ways that it shouldn't, especially when he called her such sweet names, she was feeling giddy like the teenager she was.

"Sup" he nodded towards Heathers direction, she just gave a small wave back and he returned to focus on Megan who was smiling at him like an idiot.

"What are you wearing?" She took in his outfit contrast from his usual beach shorts running around the beach with his bare sculpted chest on full display. Instead he was in a full wetsuit covering every inch of his body tightly.

"Oh after the storm and jellyfish incident they instructed us to wear layers for protection incase there are more jellyfish that washed up close to the shore"

Megan felt a little guilty that her accident made a whole change to the surf program, and those wet suits looked somewhat uncomfortable, her face fell grimacing. The surf program was on hold for a couple of days after the jellyfish attack happened and they just resumed that day, seeing Kaylas change in outfit in the distance from her bathing suit to the wetsuit made even more sense now since it was mandatory.

He cupped her chin in response to her change in demeanor tilting her head up so she could look at him. "Hey baby it's ok, I promise it's not bad at all. Look it makes my butt look phenomenal" he stood up facing the opposite direction to show her his butt, clenching the cheeks together two times.

"Oh god" Megan face palmed herself stiffling in a laugh. But Heather on the other hand was in a full blown laughing frenzy.

He looked over his shoulder down to her and smiled, that frown she just had a minute ago turned upside down and that's all that mattered to him. "Looks pretty great right" he did it one more time before he turned around and squatted back down next to her.

She lightly shoved his arm playfully "Show off" but she did admit to herself, he did look hot in it. It captured every sexy solid muscle of his unholy body she didn't ever want to look away.

"Babe can we do something after the music program" he played with a few strands of her hair swirling against his finger and tugging at them gently. Was he nervous? They usually hang out together afterwards anyways, what was the point in asking?

"What do you want to do?" She held his gaze that displayed a sparkle in his eyes whenever he looked at her. It was dim the previous night when they talked but it was there for sure this morning, maybe he was reverting back to the same Ryan she'd grown fond of. The one who wasn't so distant like the past days but the charming Ryan who was just himself whenever he was with her.