Let's play

"Spin the bottle", what high-school edition. "I really don't want to kiss Tony" Archie commented. "NO! NO! We'll do a better one to whose end the bottle turns they'll tell a secret about someone. The whole truth and nothing but the truth" Principal Adams replied.

When everyone nodded in agreement it seemed as if another pact was made whatever is said in this room stays in this room. Like the one they made  15 years ago, like the one no-one had broken yet. This time wouldn't be so lucky as the last one though.

So the first bottle was spun and it landed towards none other Principal Adams, with a wicked look in his eye he said the secret. As the words left his tiny mouth an air of silence had filled the room as if the secret needed space to settle down which it obviously did. "Mr and Mrs. Murrays  don't love each other, they never did it was a marriage of convenience, wasn't it?"

"Waldo, you swore!" Mrs. Murray complained, but as the exhaustion left her face, she felt quiet relieved. Quiet calmer and sadder than usual. Those dark circles seemed more prompt now they were filled with melancholy tears. "Yes it's true." A wild gasp contained the room. Everyone's eyes moved back and forth from Mr to Mrs. Murray wondering what other secrets lay beneath their wild carcass of marriage. But there were two sets of eyes that never flinched one of Penelope Blossom and the other of Samantha Finley.

"But why! You guys seemed perfect together, you were our idols, the footballer and the cheerleader. Come on." A chorus of voices overlapped each other until Mr Murray finally raised his hand and everyone voices dropped.

He said, "We never loved each other. We didn't even like each other. We were best friends. It all started with a prank, everyone wanted us to get together, so we pretended to date. We became so popular that it suddenly made our lives so much more interesting. We lived right next to each other, so it wasn't a problem pretending. The girls I liked finally started paying attention to me all because they were jealous of Jill. It was perfect. Jill finally got her cover of a boyfriend, so her parents would stop annoying her. But that's when things went horrible wrong."

A breath later another voice continued this time it was Jill Murray," It was magical until someone made a rumour, of us having sex and planning to run far away with Reggie's dad's money. Then some worse happened. Reggie's parents found out. They were the richest of the rich! They were the holders of this community. The strongest powerhouse.

 But they weren't open minded, and definitely not allowing their son to run off with some girl. Even if it just was a rumour. He was their future and he held their name. They couldn't let him live off on his own and do something stupid. So they gave him a choice either to marry me, or to live somewhere very far away without his parents money. I held out to their debt too. When I was young. They decided to buy my parents a house because they couldn't afford it. They were the angels of my life until they became monsters.

 Reginald was given 15 seconds to choose when he said he wouldn't do either, his dad pulled out a rod and started hitting him. I begged him to stop, to halt, anything after-all Reginald was his own blood. But he wouldn't! I was terrified that if he had beaten his own son to shreds, he wouldn't hesitate to do the same to me! My Parents! Or worse! He could kill Reginald and eviscerate my family's life in an instant; if I hadn't agreed. There was no other option! I panicked and I signed the court papers right out of his hand. I couldn't bear to meet any of you guys after school or even ask for help, so we made up a story."

This time it was both of the together "Of this happy marriage at the end of the school year, that's why we didn't come back. We couldn't. Waldo knew this and he decided to help by sharing the rumour until everyone believed it wasn't a fable. It was the only logical explanation, or so everyone thought, so everyone believed it."