Just Trust Me On This One!

Steve was currently sat in his bedroom,waiting for his boyfriend Eddie Munson to finish in the shower so he could introduce him to his favourite band Queen. Steve knew Eddie wasnt a big fan on non-rock music but he knew Eddie would love this song.The song he chose to play was Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy, it was one of the boys favourites to listen to when thinking about Eddie.

A few minutes later,Eddie walked into the room,he had gotten dressed in the bathroom,his hair was damp but that didnt bother him or Steve. He went and sat beside the boy,kissed his cheek before speaking,"So then Stevie,what do you want me to listen to?" Steve blushed at the nickname before replying "you'll see! ive already placed it into the player!" he replied,full of excitement before getting up and playing it.

He hit play and the song started 'I can dim the lights and play you songs,full of sad things,we can play the tango just for two' Eddie looked at his boyfriend confused "just trust me on this one eds!" Steve blushed. The song continued with 'I can serenade and gently play on your heart strings' Steve moved closer to the other and held him close,smiling.

'Be your Valentino just for you' Eddie felt Steves arm wrap around him and smiled. 'Ooh, love, ooh, loverboy
What're you doin' tonight, hey, boy?' Eddie stared at Steve,noticing the other looked a bit panicky,so he swapped their positions whilst the song played quietly in the background 'Set my alarm, turn on my charm That's because I'm a good old-fashioned loverboy'

A few minutes into the song and Eddie was blushing like mad,had Steve picked this song personally just for him? 'When I'm not with you Think of you always
(I miss those long hot summer nights) I miss you' As Eddie listened to the song,he realised Steve had hand picked this song just for them two,it made him almost melt. 'When I'm not with you
Think of me always Love you, love you' By this point both boys were just laying on Steves bed doing nothing but listening along.

As the song got closer to the end,Steve noticed Eddie was blushing like mad 'That's because I'm a good old-fashioned (fashioned) loverboy' The song eventually ended and both boys sat up."So what do you think love?" Steve asked the red faced boy. Eddie stared at him lovingly before replying "it was... beautiful,did you hand pick that one just for us?" he started to tear up.

Steve nodded at the question before rushing to hug the boy. He knew how hard it was for the other to accept display of affection due to him not getting it growing up. As the boy slowly started sobbing into Steves chest,Steve started humming the song and whispering sweet nothings to the boy. Eventually,Eddies sobs became sniffles and his eyes were red from all the crying he did.

After a while,both boys were under the covers listening to the song whilst trying to fall asleep. Eddie fell asleep first, which made Steve smile since the boy hadn't been getting good sleep in months.

-R