Chapter Forty-Nine: Skeptical

Once I was outside I saw the Impala parked up

     Once I was outside I saw the Impala parked up. I couldn't believe the shit show in there. My mind was reeling, and I couldn't stop the thoughts rushing through my mind. I wanted to know the truth, wanted him to talk so I could learn. I can't ask my Mother, I don't have anyone else to turn to. I've tried to stay away from the Winchesters, but something always brought me back to them. To their world, to their problems.

I raised my hand, ready to 'smoke out' and teleport myself out of this, and simply walk away from all of the problems of this war. Look out for myself, first and foremost. But I just held my hand up, not performing any magical actions, as I simply couldn't bring myself to go back to my life. There are answers that need answering, questions I had, and leaving now will just dissolve them, and they will never be answered.

I groaned in anger, and dropped my hand down, and began to march back towards the door into the warehouse.

"You're just gonna leave me here forever?!" Gabriel's voice pierced through the door.

"No. We're not. 'Cause we don't screw with people the way you do,'' Dean's voice came clear as day. "And for the record. This isn't about some prizefight between your brothers. Or some destiny that can't be stopped!" Dean yells across the room, as he was standing at the door, ready to leave. "This is about you, being too afraid to stand up to your family!" I can imagine the expression on Gabriel's face right now. Out of nowhere, I hear glass smash, and an Alarm begins to blare out. Then water spurted from above, as Dean let the fire system loose. "Don't say I never did anything for you," Dean decided to let the Archangel go, though it wasn't the choice I would have made.

In a blink of an eye, I was standing at the rear of the Impala, leaning on the trunk, eyes locked onto the door as it was pushed open. Both brothers left the warehouse behind, but their eyes were upon me.

"Thought you left?" Dean announces with a mild-tone.

"I thought about it," I pondered the idea of leaving. "But I decided to stay because I need answers from Angel in there," I pointed to the warehouse. My eyes darted to the door behind the brothers to see Castiel exiting the building, leaving Gabriel alone to stand in the fire until it faded.

"Forget about it Abigael, we let him go," Dean states, stopping in front of me.

"And what a stupid idea that was. You might not have a need for him. But I do," I pushed myself up from the hood, and baradged past Dean. But he quickly grabbed me by the upper arm, and gripped on tightly. Giving me a death glare, because he only sees me as a Monster, and when I don't have anything else to offer them. They will kill me. "Gabriel was right... I don't think you ever will get past me being a Demon and a Witch, because you just see the evil both species are," I spoke, ripping my arm free from his hold. "You know what it's like being alone for three hundred years? Always looking over your shoulder, killing just so you can live another day. Demons want to use me or kill me. Witches disowning me, because they think I'm an abomination. I fit nowhere," I spat through my teeth, feeling the hurt and anger from the past rising up. "You have Sam. Even though he's done things that you don't agree with, you still love him. I have no one! No one," I swirled my body round and walked towards the warehouse, ripped open the door, and entered. Leaving the brothers to take in the rant I just gave them.

Once I stepped inside, the fire that surrounded Gabriel diminished, and he was free from his trap. The water from the sprinklers sprayed down, getting me wet in no time. But my eyes remained on Gabriel as he just looked at me. I stalked forward, my heels clicking through the warehouse, echoing out but Gabriel just remained there. I stopped a few inches away, now fully soaked, water dripping from my wet hair.

"I'm on the verge of a murdering someone, and you're the only person in sight," I spoke eyeing up Gabriel. "So, you either tell me the truth or it's going to get bloody real fast," I threatened him, but he just gave me a gloomy look.

"How did you free yourself?" He questioned, dismissing my own statement. "Because I didn't let you go," he was kind of stumped with me being free, but when he saw me, he didn't let my presence distract him. He had a poker face for sure.

"A mirror. I saw Dean through it, and I just really wanted to be there instead of the club. And I walked straight through," I admitted honestly, finding no need to lie. He was an Archangel, he could probably tell. "There were also memories. My own, and others... Who's Aradia?" I questioned the big question, but he seemed withdrawn. "You know her, because you've said her name a few times,"

"What do you want me to say? Huh? That I watched as my brothers tore each other apart to gain the affection of a woman because she was the love of their lives. And when she had to choose one, she chose wrong and died because of it?" Gabriel announced, recalling the memory. "Aradia was the most beautiful, wise, caring person I ever knew, and she was ripped away because Lucifer couldn't get his way. The final straw that kick started his rebellion, being rejected by the woman he loved. And when it came to finally being kicked out of Heaven he chose to take her life so Michael would be miserable," Gabriel explained, maybe it wasn't the answers I thought in my head.

"What does it have to do with me?" I retorted, wanting to know what this little story had to do with me.

"Because you look exactly like her!" Gabriel exclaimed, irritated at the fact that I didn't know. The air between us became silent, the water still pouring from above as I just stared at him in disbelief. Gabriel raised his hand and snapped his fingers together, and the water spraying from above stopped and the warehouse became fully silent.

"No, no," I began to say, shaking my head at him, finding it so unreal. "You're suggesting that I'm this woman who fell in love with two most powerful Archangels to ever exist!?" It was a wild notion, and it didn't sit well with me because it just sounded made up.

"Like I said, 'As it shall be in Heaven. It must be on Earth," he quoted what he said to the boys. I scoffed at the words, does he really think I'm going just to fall in line. "I have no idea how it's possible, even I'm stumped. But there must be a reason behind it all-"

"I'm not her!" I exclaimed back. "Even if you wish it so, I'm not," my voice lowered through the words, because it was the truth I wasn't her. I am my own person. "I'm a Hybrid, born of a Demon Father and a Witch Mother. An unnatural occurrence that should have never been created," I continued my eyes never leaving his. "I've had enough of this," I raised my hand up ready to leave this warehouse behind. However, Gabriel latched his hand onto my wrist in a blink of an eye.

"One day you'll find out the truth," Gabriel said with such certainty, that I would find out the truth of all of this. Gabriel raised his free hand and snapped his fingers together. Just like that he vanished from the warehouse, in a blink of an eye. Leaving me there pondering his own story. Skeptical wasn't even the word right now, but why would he lie about this.

Was this my part in the Apocalypse? My role in Destiny? A woman who would tear Brothers apart?

****************