Cheater

Hinata froze, not saying anything. But I could see she was shaking. 

"I, I wouldn't lie.." she said, though... Something isn't right with her. I knew that.

"Yeah...
I thought that too."

...

Work... Work? No, how could I possibly go? I didn't go today. But, I did get a random text from an anonymous number.

Naruto,
You aren't here today.
Is it me?
I'm sorry. I just got carried away.
Forget it ever happened, please.
I'll forget it too...

That was the message. Forget? I wish I could.

I didn't reply to it. What would I say to it in response anyway?

"Wake up, hunny. Are you not feeling well?" Hinata spoke, shaking me gently.

I shivered. "Ah... No, I think I'll sleep a little more."

Her voice... Isn't as soothing as I always used to think. Her touch isn't either.

No, I'm just sick.

Yeah, after all, I caught the cold from Sasuke.

"You're burning up." Hinata placed her hand on my head, checking for a fever.

"Yeah... "

"It must be that flu going around. Sleep, I have to go to work now." She said calmly, smiling slightly.

With that, I fell asleep.

But... When I woke up, knocking could be heard at my front door. How troublesome. I brought myself out of bed, walking to the door to see the Uchiha standing with a bag.

"S.. Sasuke?..." I mumbled with a blanket wrapped around me.

He kept that usual frown, but he looked... Somewhat...

"I heard you were sick. I know it was from me... Could I come in?" Sasuke stood there awkwardly.

"Yeah.. sure." I opened the door wider, moving to the side so Sasuke could come inside.

"Where is Hinata?" He questioned.

I tried evading eye contact. How could I look at him after what happened?...

"She's not here... She's at work." I closed the front door, locking it, and walked around Sasuke to the living room.

He followed behind me, placing the bag of medicine on the coffee table. "You didn't have to get me anything, y'know. I heal fast."

"What are you talking about?? You're burning up!" Sasuke yelled with his hand on my forehead. I stood still, a smirk coming across my face.

He looked like a tomato before quickly removing his hand. "L-lay down, idiot..."

"Why?"

"Just do it!!"

I complied, laying back onto the couch. "Stay here, I'll get you a wet rag to go on your forehead."

A second later he left, and came back a bit later with a wet towel in his hand. He walked over, placing it on my head gently.

The small moment where he made contact with me... What's this feeling??!

It's almost like.....

"Here." Sasuke handed me cold medicine. "Take this."

"What if you're trying to poison me?" I chuckled, grabbing it from him. For a minute, we were both silent.

He came closer, sitting next to me. I think I knew why he was still here... Why I didn't want him to leave.

"I'm sorry." I looked down at my cup of water.

I caught his attention. "I shouldn't have run away like that... I know you're probably upset."

"...it's fine. Not like I expected anything else. After all, we're supposed to hate each other."

I smiled to myself, tapping my fingers on the glass. "It's not because I didn't enjoy it... I guess I just shouldn't have considering I'm supposed to be getting married soon."

Sasuke's eyes widened. "You were.. getting married?"

"...yeah. But I think she's cheating on me anyway." I lowered my eyes. "I thought I loved her. But.. something's wrong with me." I looked up from my glass of water.

"Sasuke, I think I.. like.. you."

Sasuke seemed... Happy.

He looked away with a slight smile. "Y-yeah? What about Hinata?"

"I don't know anymore. It's hard to tell when they hardly come home and when they do, they lie straight to your face."

Me and him made eye contact for a few minutes. Something's changed. I can't stop looking at him.

I bent closer, grabbing his shirt collar. "Don't look away." I whispered, running my fingers down his soft pink lips.

I want.. more. Have I accepted it?... No, but I haven't denied it. Right now, I don't want anything to do with Hinata. I want... Him.

Sasuke Uchiha.

Not Hinata Hyuga.

Right now, I don't care about her. I don't want to think about her.

I want to replay what happened in the office that night. But this time... I won't run away like a child.

I guess I really am a cheater.

I licked his lip, pulling him into a deep, passionate kiss. "Mmh.." the sound of our lips colliding could be heard loudly.

I backed away for air. "Let me.. hold you again."