Drinking Away the Sorrow

My phone blared. My heart almost thumped out of its chest, in hopes that it was Sasuke, but it turned out to be Shikamaru. "Ah... Hello?" I held the phone closely to my ear.

"Your next assignment will be due in a few days, and I haven't seen you and Sasuke talk at all, so I just wanted to let you know that you need to work on this. Is everything okay?" Shikamaru asked, with the sound of sizzling of a cigarette.

I was at home, Hinata gone yet again. I was alone, doing nothing but staring at a wall and imagining different situations of Sasuke and me.

"I'm... Fine." I muttered through the phone quietly. there wouldn't be a point in being honest. What would I have to gain? He's merely a coworker and boss.

"...I saw you walk out. You were looking around. For Sasuke right?" Shikamaru inhaled the chemicals inside the cigarette, letting out a loud sigh.

God damn he's smart.

"Something like that." I held the phone close to my ear, looking in my fridge for alcohol. It would be a perfect night to drink.

Damn it, nothing? ...whatever, I'll go to a bar.

"You guys are fighting aren't you? And after I thought you guys were just getting friendly--"

"I've gotta go. See ya." I cut him off and hung up. I didn't wanna talk about Sasuke anymore. I wanted to drink away my sorrow at that point.

I took a drive to the nearest bar, the one me and Hinata go to a lot. Although she usually would end up so drunk that she would cling to me the whole night. And... Sasuke was right. She was abnormally loud every time.

Give me a fucking break, Sasuke? He's an asshole. I only agree because he stated a fact.

I sighed, walking inside the quiet bar with the sound of muffled talking and clinging cups and silverware. The bar happened to have a restaurant, so I could eat there before drinking.

"One whiskey, please." I sat on the bar stool, placing my head into my hand.

"Whiskey coming up!" The man said with a grin. He looked at me like he knew me, somehow? But he doesn't. Ughh, I'm gonna go crazy...

I checked my phone, seeing no notifications and the last messages between me and Sasuke being that time when I was sick.

My heart thumped as I thought of what happened. I licked the ridges on the cup, sipping on the whiskey.

Fuck it.

I gulped lots of whiskey, in hopes to forget about him. Gulping and gulping, the cup went empty. "...another please." I handed the cup to the weird man with brown hair, the tag on him named "Kiba".

Kiba Inuzuka?... What a joke....

"Haha.... I hate everyone so fucking much. This world sucks." I hiccuped to myself, gulping down another bottle of whiskey after.

"S-sir!" The man tried taking the cup from me. "That's enough, no more for you." He took the cup, moving it away.

"Aaaggghhhh, you fucking idiot!! Give it back.... Ahh, I hate you all sho much..." I slurred, yelling loudly.

"Give it back!" I reached, suddenly my hand being frozen in air. A pale hand reached onto it.

"...you might even be worse than Hinata..." The pale man sighed, holding my wrist tightly.

Who.. is that? He doesn't look half bad.

"W-who the hell are you?! Let go of me!" I pulled my arm, but he kept his grip.

Eventually I ripped his hand off me, standing up, about to leave before noticing his body. Bite marks. They look familiar. Why can't I place my finger on it? He seems so familiar, but it's not ringing a bell. Hickeys. Bite marks. Those dark, dark eyes...

"...you don't need to know who I am." He turned his head, his glare cold.

"Hmph... Hey.. you look kind of...." My eyes widened as I felt this sudden rush of lust to across my body.

I saw him look down, his eyes widening too. "Ah... What the fuck..." The man jumped back, his face a bit red. He almost walked away, but I quickly grabbed his arm.

My body... Feels really hot...

"You, whatever your name is! Don't walk away from me yet!!" I slurred, shouting once again.

"Ughh, leave me the hell alone!" The man groaned.

"Hey... Not yet... I want to ask you a favor."