Validation

"you may kiss the bride," the man said in a monotoned voice. I turned to see Sasuke, saddened. I looked back at Hinata who looked just as upset as me.

We didn't kiss. We just looked at each other awkwardly. "...I uh, am sick, so I can't..." I muttered and the guy awkwardly nodded. "W-well then! Ahem.."

The wedding went on and on and on. Eventually we went home. We didn't say anything to each other. And eventually she said she had to leave for work, but it was most likely to go to Kiba instead.

Validation... Validation... That word kept playing in my mind. That's all I wanted.. right?

.... But something feels off.

Am I really doing the right thing? All of this for some validation??...

I wonder how Sasuke feels right now... It can't be good.

The things he said that day kept playing in my head too.

"Do you think I'm happy seeing you guys kiss?"

No... Of course not. I'm being really selfish over some fucking validation.

But it's not just me. Why is Hinata hanging around still? She had two years to get herself together and let me know! Then maybe.. I could've had a chance to break up.

But it's not too late. I can get a divorce. Right? I can do it.

I grumbled, feeling myself get a headache from all the stress. I'm thinking too much.

I sighed, laying my head down on the desk in front of me on top of my papers, soon falling asleep. It was the end of the work day, so if anything I'd get overtime. But I didn't plan on falling asleep.

"Naruto..." A soft voice said.

Such a deep tone. How can someone talk so deep?
Ah.. who is it... It sounds familiar.

I almost flinched, feeling something soft grasp my lips. Ah.. who is it...??

My eyes opened slowly, my vision blurry but soon seeing a black haired boy in front of me, landing a kiss on me. He had long eyelashes, pretty and soft pink lips, but a deep voice.

His lips separated from mine, and I pretended to be asleep so he didn't see me awake.

Sasuke quickly left the room, shutting the door behind him as the lights outside the room turned off, indicating that this was overtime.

Sasuke just.. kissed me?...
Why did he do that?
Before he said so calmly that he could leave me if I didn't break up with Hinata, and treat me like a complete stranger.

Something in him has changed.

...

"Eat your food." Hinata said annoyingly. "I'm not hungry... I'm going to go sleep." I muttered. I'd just gotten home from work. Oddly enough, she was here.

"Where are you going? We're supposed to have a meal together." She said sternly.

"...I told you I'm not hungry." I paused after standing up. She glared at me. "Sit down. If we're going to be married, let's at least pretend."

I gritted my teeth. So annoying...
"Why? Why would I do that?" I was starting to get really annoyed.

"Please, just do this last thing for me?"

"I don't want to."

"But Naruto..."

"Ugh, don't you fucking get it? Just stop!" I yelled, huffing and leaving the table to go to my room.

...

"Naruto...?" Hinata peaked her head through the door. "Leave me alone." I muttered.

She walked over, grabbing my hand. "Naruto," she said in a flirty tone. "Hey, let's go on a date tomorrow!..."

I sat up, quickly interrupting. "I want to divorce." I said angrily. "I don't love you. So I want to divorce."

"B-but..." She began, tears forming at her eyes. "My parents will.. be so mad..."

"Then learn to not fucking cheat in the first place..." I grumbled.

"You don't understand! T-they'll beat me! It's tradition to marry a rich man like you!" She argued, grabbing my arm.

I quickly stood up, ripping my arm from her grasp. "Hinata. What's the point in staying married?? Honestly, tell me! You have been cheating on me for two fucking years! It was doomed to begin with! I don't love you either, we both love different people, so what's the damn point?! All of this for validation?! Did you ever care how I felt?!" I yelled in her face.

She trembled, looking at the ground. "I, I'm sorry..."

"Let's just solve all of this by divorcing. You're not a damn kid anymore, your parents don't own you." I said sternly, letting out a loud sigh.

Hinata stood there, not answering. We both stood there awkwardly. "...you're right. I'm sorry." She said.

The rest of the night nothing was said. We went straight to bed, turning our backs at each other.

In the morning, rain fell down. I lifted my head slowly. I skipped breakfast, immediately going to my parent's house.

I had some things to say to them.