boyfriend material - main four + adult trio

━━

How fit would these characters be to earn the title of being your boyfriend?

Rating: Teen and up audiences
Word count: 1.3k

Gon Freecs:

Gon is most definitely boyfriend material.

He's been taught by older women what to do and how to cater to women's needs. He's experienced.

The first thing Gon suggested when he became your boyfriend was for you to meet his hometown, friends, and family.

He absolutely adores you and wants to show you off as much as he can.

Even when you aren't around, Gon will probably find some way to bring you up into the conversation.

"Oh, you went to the beach? Just the other day me and my girlfriend went to the beach too! Maybe we should plan a double date."

Gon's love language is words of affirmation and physical affection. So expect a days full of random hugs and "I love you's."

Whenever Gon hears that you're feeling upset, he'd already be at your front door with a bouquet of newly picked flowers and chocolate before you could even text him.

He'd sit and listen to you, although he has a short attention span and would probably blow a fuse within 10 minutes of you venting.

━━

Killua Zoldyck:

Killua is in the middle.

Consider yourself lucky being in the handful of Killua's favorite people. Only a few make the cut.

Having grown up isolated from any kind of relationship except within his family, Killua was clueless on what to do when it came to you.

He's really inexperienced, but thankfully, Gon has given him pointers and tips on how to become boyfriend material.

At first, he was really nervous (but was able to mask his nervousness) around you and couldn't withstand being alone with you for more than 15 minutes.

The first people he introduced you to were Alluka and Gon.

After a few months of you guys dating, you found that Killua was really a sweet and selfless child at heart, but would mask that with a tsundere personality.

Killua doesn't know how to react to words of affirmation, nonetheless, how to give it back.

"Wh...what're you going on about? Don't get all mushy on me!"

His love language is physical touch, having been deprived of it so much as a child. Often times, you'd catch him seeking your hand out to hold. Or, if you were sitting with each other on the couch, he'd always choose to smoosh up against you, even if there's so much space on the couch.

Sometimes, Killua just watches you for no reason at all. If you're watching a movie, he'd look at you and miss 5 minutes of it. Or if you're cooking, he'd sit at the counter and watch you.