Chapter seven

I am so full of answered prayers 😌😌

Three months later and she was yet to get Louis to attend one service. She was exhausted and seriously considered moving on .

Gabriel had dragged her to go on a walk with him. As they goofed around she saw something that she hoped was a trick of the light.

Through the glass of a restaurant, she saw none other than Michael. Iris'supposed fiance, lip locked with someone that was definitely not Iris.

Too stunned to do anything else, she watched them. They were too comfortable to be a one off thing. Her cousin was being cheated on.

She pulled out her phone and put a call through to Iris.

'Hey cousin, how are you?',

'I'm super duper! What's up?',

'Oh nothing serious, just wanted to check in on you. Been a minute. How's the beau?'

'Oh he's great, he travelled to Wales for a business meeting two days back. I'll call him later tonight and tell him you asked of him!, Iris joked over the phone.

'Uhhuh, anyways. Talk to you later'.

Jules didn't exactly dislike the dude, but she didn't like him either.

Well until today that is.

Gabe had gone off to buy some gelato when she pulled out her phone.

Taking a deep breathe, she walked into the restaurant.

'So this is what Wales looks like at this time of the year?, Wow, isn't God just awesome! You go to Wales and at a certain time of the day viola! You're teleported to Paris!', the sarcasm was so thick and dripping that it could have been mopped off the floor.

The girl broke the kiss first and Jules couldn't help but laugh.

'My cousin's fiance and her chief bridesmaid. How classical!', she shook her head and laughed again.

'Juliet let me explain..', Michael tried to talk but she raised her hand to silence him.

'I'll give you two days to call sweet Iris and tell her she's living in a fool's paradise; or I'll do it for you. As a matter of fact I'll just send her the short video I took while standing right next to you guys. Yes, that should do it!', she fake cheered and found satisfaction in the blood draining from Michael's face.

'Please don't, I beg you! I'll tell her but not like that. Please!',

The said bridesmaid looked moments from passing out but she could care less. How they could do this to Iris was beyond her.

'Two days!', she said before she walked out to find Gabriel looking confused. Once he saw her the confusion disappeared to be replaced by apprehension.

'Hey, you okay?',

'No, just take me home. Please', tears made their way down her cheeks.

Iris was really going to be devastated when she gets wind of her findings this evening.

God knows how long those two have been going at it, and there Iris was planning a wedding.

What a shame!

****

'I don't understand it Jules! How did I miss it? Chloe was right! If I had eyes in my head instead of stars I would have seen it a long long time ago!', she wailed.

'I'm pretty sure Chloe didn't say that to you', she tried comforting her.

'Well, she always said I go starry eyes whenever anything regarding Michael was brought up! I'm so stupid!!',

'Hey!! There'll be none of that! If that fool couldn't see what a gem you are and couldn't do everything to preserve you then he is the biggest fool of all time! It's gonna be alright! You'll cry yourself into a fever',

Even after trying to console her and getting Pete to call her, she couldn't shake off the sinking feeling.

Shaking her head she chose to pray for her cousin, cause she was going to need all the help she could get to get over Michael.

****

After much deliberation she decided to honor Mr Louis' invitation for coffee.

She was tired of the back and forth game they were playing.

And she was regretted the meeting almost immediately after she arrived.

He would occasionally touch her hands that were on the table which made her take them off it. Then he would lean towards me whenever he was talking which made her feel so crowded.

And when it was time to leave her placed his hand on the small of her back.

She scolded herself for wearing a crop top that day. To sum it all the meeting was uncomfortable for her. Like she became super aware of his presence.

The fact that he was married was even more unsettling.

Later that night she made up her mind to call him to order but chickened out of making the call.

Her priority was to win the soul for Christ and she was a hundred percent certain that if she sent him that message heaven would lose the soul permanently.

And she didn't want that on her conscience.

She had reworded the message at least fifty times before she chose to delete all together and just pray about it.

The last thing she needed was to be in the centre of any couple. It never ended well for the third-party after all.

Comment

Vote

And share

God bless you 💞