chapter twenty three

It was time for the house fellowship and luckily for Jules Mama Becs was the host for this one, she didn't think she could dress up to go anywhere. Mama had told her to rest but she didn't want to be left alone with her thoughts.

So she tucked herself in a corner away from the others, soon she was joined by Mama Ora and unexpectedly by Zion. He simply pulled up a seat and sat down, arms and legs crossed, watching the people who had gathered in the receiving area for the meeting.

The opening prayers and testimonies happened in a blur as she wasn't paying attention to anything happening around her. Mama Ora lightly brushed her arm to get her attention when Mama started teaching.

'Let's take a look at 1 John 1 vs 7. Sarah please help us read',

'But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin', Sarah read.

'Did you know that in the New Testament, God didn't tell us to ask Him for forgiveness?', she looked up from her bible to look at her audience.

Most, including Jules were thoroughly intrigued. A lot of scriptures began playing in their minds adding to their confusion.

Mama smiled and continued teaching, 'asking Him for forgiveness is like asking Him to save you. Think about it: If you do ask Him for forgiveness, when will you know He has answered?'. She took a sip fro her tea cup.

'Likewise, if you're asking Him to save your soul, how will you know He has saved you? You'll never know, because there's nothing for Him to do about saving you that He hasn't already done. 

It's the same thing with forgiveness; you receive forgiveness; you don't ask for it, because the blood of Jesus Christ was shed for the remission of your sins.

Some Christians are always asking God for forgiveness, and because they're asking for something that's been provided for, they don't apply faith'.Now  what Mama had told her the previous day was beginning to make sense.

'You're to receive forgiveness as an act of your faith. Afterwards, live above that situation through the power of the Holy Spirit and the Word.

You've already been washed and purged of your sins. Colossians 1 vs 20-22 says "and you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight."

This happened before you ever did anything right or wrong. Therefore, refuse to be sin-conscious.

You're the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; think and live righteousness. Our opening text says if we walk in the light (the Word) as He is in the light, the blood of Jesus automatically cleanses us from all sin. 

Since this is true, you don't have to be confessing your sins all the time. If you do something wrong, simply say, "Lord, I'm sorry for what I did; I receive forgiveness in Jesus' Name"; and that's it. 

You might ask, "Is it that simple?" Yes, it is. In Christ, we have automatic cleansing from sin; it's part of the redemptive work of His blood in our behalf. 1 Corinthians 6 vs 11 tells us And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

And Romans 8 vs 1 crowns it all, there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Whatever it is that you're struggling with, you don;t have to keep living that way.

God's already done it, yes He has already forgiven you. Let it go',