You're cute, but no

Jisung was hammered, absolutely hammered, so wasted that he was on the verge of passing out

Jisung was hammered, absolutely hammered, so wasted that he was on the verge of passing out. He was retching, that he was emptying his guts, hunched over in someone's loo, and that someone happened to be Minho.

"I feel like I'm gonna die" the blond muttered between gasps.

"Hold on a little longer," Minho reassured him, patting his back.

———

He hadn't seen Minho since that Saturday at Minho's place. He'd had a quiet week, pretty boring, and then the following Saturday, he and his mates had been invited to another party, and fate had it that it was at the brunette's place, again. Of course, he'd refused to go, but his friends had dragged him along regardless, not giving a toss about his complaints. Finally, he'd relented when he found out Linda would be at the party too.

"Come on, mate, you can't sit here sulking after she dumped you like that without even talking to you. You gotta make her pay for it, showq her what she lost with one of those glow-ups lads do on TikTok. Hit the gym or something, whatever makes you feel better," Felix said, eyeing him lounging around like a tramp on the sofa.

"I couldn't care less about a glow-up," he grumbled, still flicking through the channels while sprawled out on the couch, smoking his vape.

"I think your're depressed mate."

"Cheers."

"Sorry, look, pull yourself together, yeah? " Felix persisted, eventually convincing him to go to the party.

He stood in front of the mirror in his room, trying to look as presentable as possible. When Hassan had called him a tramp, he wasn't joking.

He needed a shower.

Feeling fresh after his shower, he'd opted for something simple, just to be comfortable but not look like a schoolkid. He threw on a pair of black jeans, a T-shirt of the same colour, and a jacket over it.

When they arrived, they all headed straight to the kitchen to grab some drinks. Jisung needed to loosen up a bit; otherwise, he'd be as stiff as a board.

"I want us all to have a good time tonight, so let's try to keep it together and not get too wasted" Chris advised.

"Sure thing, Chris, what do you take us for? We're not kids," Felix retorted, grabbing a bottle of beer.

After downing two beers, Jisung decided to wander around the house to find Linda. He didn't know what he was going to say, but Chris reminded him that any kind of confrontation would be better than leaving things unresolved. He was already a little tipsy, but he figured talking to her drunk might be easier. Alcohol helped him loosen up, but everything went to shit when he spotted her dancing with Minho in the middle of the hall, he just couldn't take it anymore.

He pushed his way through the crowd, grabbed Linda's arm, and dragged her to a less crawded spot.

"Are you seriously going to cheat on me and dump me without a word? At least have the balls to say it to my face instead of posting stories on Instagram with some random bloke" Jisung nearly shouted, staring at her with an unreadable expression.

"I'm sorry, Sung, it's just... you bore me. I was going to tell you, but I didn't want to hurt you... but you don't handle bad news well" she said softly. Jisung burst out laughing; it was funny because she'd already hurt him.

"Is this some kind of joke?" he asked, though he knew it wasn't. Everyone knew it, but he didn't want to believe it.

"You're cute, but no" she replied, pushing him gently away, her bright pink nail polish flashing against his chest. What the hell? Did she just DUMP him? He knew that she already dumped him cheating on him, but hearing her actually sat those words was a punch in the stomach.
And the fact that she chose Minho to do it make him feel so much worse.

At least it was quick.

After humiliating himself, he'd succumbed to sheer desperation, downing at least four shots of something and whatever was left in the bottle, too drunk to care what it was. He'd done the opposite of what Chris advised him to do.

But who cared about his advice? Hw wasn't the one a with broken heart.