Minho

Minho didn't expect to fall in love.

But although he had been a little afraid at first, he allowed himself to feel it. He had allowed himself to love Jisung, he had taken the risk.

He didn't know what it meant to love a man, he would never have thought of falling in love with one and rethinking his entire sexuality.
With Jisung he had felt less lonely, Jisung had filled a void in him making him feel desired. He didn't doubt that he was physically attracted to him, that was obvious.

But other than that he had found in Jisung someone to love, someone to protect, despite his temper and stubbornness. He had found someone to be vurnerable with.

And he wasn't sure why, unlike Jisung, his feelings were stronger. He certainly hadn't expected it. It wasn't just about physical attraction or fleeting infatuation; it was something deeper, more profound.

For him, when they fucked, it was no longer physical. It was like they made love to each other. And he swore, he swore that he felt love in Jisung's touches, in his  kisses.

The moments they had shared meant something. He couldn't ignore him. In his presence, he felt alive, but as days turned into weeks and weeks into months, he came to terms with the complexity of their connection, a connection that seemed to swing between blissful euphoria and agonising despair.

But for all his romantic ideals, Minho was blind to the reality of their casual fling, blind to the walls that Jisung had erected around his heart. He didn't see them.

He had thrown himself into these walls thinking he was immune. Thinking he was special to Jisung, that he felt something too, but he was wrong.

He didn't blame Jisung. They were two lost souls searching for meaning and connection, a connection that neither of them understood. But compared to Jisung, Minho was much more willing to accept his feelings, to let go of the hatred he had initially felt towards him.

Even though he was devastated, because something he thought was real, something that mattered to him, had turned out to be fake, not real.

But now it didn't matter anymore.