Three's A Crowd.

- A BooBooCoRi fanfic

...

Cookie stretched her arms above her head before releasing a groan. Her desk was filled to the brim with stacks of papers and sticky notes with to-do lists on them. This entire week had been so hectic for her. She's signed three artists, produced countless beats, and make track modifications. She never caught a break, and Lucious, that evil son of a bitch, didn't make it any easier.

It seemed as if he was almost bitter by the fact that she said she was no longer attracted to him. After all that she has been through with him, it was hard for her to really take interest in him, or in many men for that matter. She wanted to live her life and experience something...new.

There was a soft knock at Cookies office door. She scrunched up her nose, assuming that it could have been Lucious. "Who is it?" She asked in an annoyed tone. "Um, it's me..." Said the voice. It was a woman, and Cookie immediately seemed to sit up straight once she heard that voice. "Oh..! Come in!" She said.

In walked a beautiful woman with short cut hair. It was swept upward, and she wore a sleek red dress that stopped just above her knees. Her lipstick matched, effortlessly blending so well against her skin. Cookie smiled faintly, staring at her almost as if she was in some sort of trance.

Anika Calhoun. Head of A&R at Empire. She was the woman who Lucious tried to replace her with. Sure, Cookie was angry about it, and somewhat spiteful towards her for it. But after realizing how much she hated Lucious and was disgusted by every advance he made towards her, Cookie realized that she was quite alright.

And she was just the kind of excitement that Cookie was looking for...

"Goodmorning..." Cookie said, folding her hands underneath her chin, staring up at the woman with a friendly smirk. "Well it's a good morning now that I see you." Anika replied, grinning. Cookie didn't reply, only curling her lips. "I brought you the rehearsal schedule changes made by the guy in charge." Anika said. "Schedule changes? He's changing the schedule?" Cookie asked. "I know...It's so stupid. But it's a little complicated, now. Here, I'll show you what I mean." Anika said, leaning down and pointing at the schedule. Cookie leaned forward. "See, these are the new days. Lucious starts the first ones at the beginning of the week, then by two I switch in. Then you do the ones at the end of the day. And it's this way Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. But then, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, It's just me and you the whole day." She explained.

"So...that means that we'll...be together every other day...?" Cookie asked. "Sounds like a good time to me..." Anika said, curving her eyes up to stare at Cookies. Cookie stared back at her, curving her lips and letting out a faint huff. Anika glared down at her lips for a moment, grinning.

Cookie has known for quite some time that Anika liked her. She was always staring at her, speaking so smoothly and flirting. She always offered to help her with things and checked in on her to see how she was doing. Sometimes they went for coffee together. Cookie thinks that it was evident that she took an interest in Anika before, even though she has never dated a woman.

Anika then broke the the contact to continue to give a little more detail about the schedule, and when Cookie looked back down that's when she really focussed on what made her the most hesitant about their dynamic. A glistening wedding ring. She knew that Anika was married, and sometimes she casually talked about her wife. However, Cookie never knew what she looked like. How could someone talk about their wife in the same sentence that they flirt with another woman? Cookie didn't want to seem like a home wrecker and encourage this woman to cheat on her partner, no matter how attracted to her she was.

She was beautiful, sexy, sweet, and helpful. But Cookie had to keep her boundaries.

Anika then turned to Cookie again. "Any questions or concerns about the schedule?" She asked. "No...thank you." Cookie said. "No problem. Let me know if your thoughts change." Anika said, then standing up straight. She left Cookies copies on her desk, then sashaying smoothly towards the door. Cookie really like how petite her body was. She peeked over her shoulder at Cookie before opening the door.