Make Up After The Break Up.

*Part two of "Break up to make up".*

One week later

"Dammit! What the hell is wrong with this connection!" Shouted Cookie, her hand pounding onto her desk in frustration.

"I told you the servers are temporarily down. IT is working on it right now." Said Becky. Cookie frowned in annoyance. "How the hell am I supposed to get any work done around here if the connection can't go a month without messing up!" She groaned.

"Someone still hasn't been resting properly..." murmured Becky. "What? Can you say that a little louder Becky I didn't hear you." Said Cookie. "Nothing, Just give it time." Becky replied, then continuing to walk down the hallway and towards her own office.

The workday passed through quickly after the internet connection delay, and Cookie was the only one still left behind once employees began to gather their things. "Cookie, the workday is over. Aren't you heading home?" Asked Giselle.

Cookie stretched, then continued to type. Her eyes glued to the screen even while she sipped from her coffee mug. "I don't have time to head home. I have work to do." She replied. Becky tilted her head to the side. "But, you already finished the work for today." She said. "But I still have time to work on the rest of it. I say why not get it out of the way, get a head start. At least we won't be whining when crunch time comes. Don't worry about me once that money gets in our hands. Now, Goodnight!" She said, fanning them away with her hands.

They turned away awkwardly, and heading down the long hallway to the elevator. "This is the third time this week that she's pulled an all nighter like this." Said Becky. "Well I guess she figured since she isn't sleeping she better do something productive. But good lord how hasn't she fallen out yet?" Said Becky.

"Somebody is having daddy issues and I'm not talking about with fathers." Said Becky.

Hours passed, and Cookie continued to type and continued to work. She rubbed her eyes and face as if she wasn't typically enjoying the task, but using it as a form of self occupancy. Something to do to make her mind focussed on one thing.

The elevator dinged loudly, and she didn't notice. She didn't notice the dress shoes walking calmly across the hardwood floor.

Lucious chuckled a single time while watching her. She jumped, turning quickly and standing up. Her coffee cup being knocked over and spilling onto her desk. Thankfully not landing on any paperwork, but certainly dripping onto the floor.

"Lucious!" She exclaimed before looking down quickly at the spill. "I got it." He said, walking away briefly to the dining area of the floor. He gathered some paper towels and returned to her.

He handed some to her, and the two of them both leaned down at the same time to wipe it up. "Coffee again, huh?" He asked.

She didn't reply, instead she continued to wipe an area that had already dried. "Cookie- You didn't need to stop by." She said. "Why not?" He asked her.

"I'm fine." She said. "So I cannot come by and see you at all just because you're 'doing fine'?" He asked. After they finished wiping up the coffee spill, Lucious went to throw the napkins away. Once he returned to her, she was back in front of the computer, typing away.

"You can go now, thanks for stopping by." She said. "Look at you, trying to dismiss me again." He said. He watched her type for a moment.

"This is the third night I've had to come, Cookie. "You don't have to." She said. "I do, because I care." He said. He slowly got out of the seat, then walking to the side she was on. She felt her heart racing with his slow approaching behind her.