December 2nd

A thick new blanket of snow fell overnight and the Inn was swamped by morning with ski-happy people. I probably should have mentioned it sooner but the ground was already coated in snow and we had our typical skiers showing up. Thanksgiving at the Inn is insanely fun, it's never just us. The people who have nobody to celebrate with come up for the party and it is never dull. However with the way the world is now, this year was quiet and so has been the skiing. This year started out boring... Until December 2nd and the record snowfall. Fresh powder and the holiday season will bring them out of the woodwork every time.

       Breakfast was quiet for me, I went down early and grabbed my breakfast making an excuse that my muscles felt tight and I needed to do some yoga and muscle work. I did do what I said I was going to... so... shut up, I didn't lie. But the truth was, I really was just hurt, people accuse me of being jealous but I wasn't. I felt like I was loosing Bandon and it made me panic... so I ate in my room. With the memories of the "mine... no it's mine" tug-of-war fights that Rhaps and I used to have replaying in my mind. I wondered if it would come to that. Spoiler alert... It never did.

Meanwhile downstairs with the sane people, breakfast had come and Rhaps and Bandon had eaten quickly then headed out for the Talent Show dress rehearsal. The main event was on the third, the following night... but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Here we are at the events I was to stupid to be present for the first time. Rhaps kissed mom and dad reassuring them "I am fine really, plus Bandon will be right there." I am just noticing how scared that made her. I mean it makes sense she was nearly hit and killed, well would have been with the speed the car was going.

"Your cell phone is where?" This was the year mom broke her off her lack of interest in cell phones and social media.

"In my pocket." She pulled the phone out and revealed that it was turned on and fully functional. "Feel better now?"

"Yes," mom turned to Bandon "don't keep her out to late, and if you stop somewhere for dinner let us know not to expect you."

"Mom," I love the way Rhaps whines when mom and dad embarrass her.

They left, Bandon held the car door for her, Bandon is whistling and she is blushing.... Did I miss something? Please tell me you two didn't... that soon to hooking up? I really should be appalled but I have you beat so I shouldn't throw stones. When Bandon got in the car the conversation started. They talked about everything, all the dumb things. First they ran through the favorites list and miraculously enough found at least a dozen of them that they answered the same. Then the conversation turned to music, at this point Rhaps was still into the Emo stuff, hard rock with a heavy drum. But Bandon pulled out his favorite Nat King Cole, the king of Christmas himself.

I'm surprised to see her listening with interest. Spoiler alert, he changed her style of music this year. He opens her up to jazz and classical as well as the big band sound of the forties and fifties. Mom has always said love doesn't change you it grows you. She grew this year... I'm still catching up.

The ride to the theater was way more eventful than I thought. When they pulled in Rhaps put Bandon's seatbelt back on him and ran to his door "my turn." Cute, never took her for the feminist type. They walked arm and arm into the building laughing and joking the whole way.

The Dress rehearsal went smoothly, they were able to run though the entire show without a hitch. This was a non competition type talent show, just for entertainment so by the time the dress rehearsal came along everyone was great friends. This is one of the reasons that Rhaps makes the choice she does by the way.