December 12th

Do I even need to explain what happened next that night. Do you really need me to verify the results of the pregnancy test? Well, anyway Rhapsody was pampered the rest of the day. Bandon was so excited. He called his parents immediately.

       "Hey Mom, is everyone there?"

       "Yes there is an argument going right now over what movie to watch." She groaned in frustration and moved the phone away from her mouth "would you please shut up I am trying to hear your brother.!"

       The room behind her got quiet. "Thanks Mom,"

       "Oh psh, now what's up." You can hear her smacking people with a pillow, hilarious.

      "You know how Rhapsody has been acting unusual lately, we'll we figured out why." He paused and took a breath. "Aspen figured it out, apparently she Perinatal OCD like her Mom had when she was pregnant with her."

      "What?!" She screamed, you can hear her dancing.

      "Yeah, apparently you and Dad are right about the all it takes is once. We believe she got pregnant on Halloween."

     "Didn't she notice?" She was slapping peoples hands that were trying to take the phone.

      "She brushed it off," He paused laughing at the noises coming from behind her. "Why don't you waylay the news to the rest of the family"

      She turned and addressed the anxious crowd "Rhaps is pregnant!" I'm surprised they didn't deafen him. "Hey," she called to them and they silenced "she has a condition called Perinatal OCD, like her Mom had when she was pregnant with her." There was muttering behind her "oh yes, is she okay Bandon?"

        "She has a doctors appointment today and her Dad is contacting a therapist about her condition."

       "Good, good... let us know if there is anything we can do okay?"

     "Of course Mom," this is when I can into the sitting room and heard the Love you on the phone. "Love you too, bye... what's up?"

      "Mom and Dad are just as excited. Knowing what she had gone through is making Mom worrying herself silly with guilt, it's as if it's her fault."

      "Okay I'll repeat myself...What's wrong"

     "Nope, you said what's up not what's wrong..." I sat down beside him "I'm just worried about her," Like I said all of this happened too fast. She is too young to be a wife and a mother... but then I am just the overprotective big brother what do I know. I'm sure as hell not saying that to him.

      "She's fine, she is soaking in the tub in the master, just relaxing. Makaio is still asleep..." a thump came from his room "I think, just a second." He got up and headed into Makaio's room. "That belongs in the crib... good morning to you too Buddy."

        He came out with a wide awake Makaio and I was laughing. "Let me guess, he was emptying his crib?"

      "Keep an ear out for Rhaps I'm going to go down and get this guy breakfast." I nodded as they left.

       While I waited I looked around wondering if I should decorate my sitting room. It just felt good, this was real the first year I started to do that.

    "Bandon?" Rhaps's head poked out from the bedroom.

     "Nope, it's just me. He took Makaio down for breakfast."