December 20th

Mark and I connected again early in the morning, he was just giving me the details on where they were and if their ETA had changed which it hadn't. His husband Philip was anxious about this because everyone they had trusted so far betrayed them. So Mark and I took a few minutes to calm him down before they continued on their way.

      I was now wide awake and knowing I had work backing up I got dressed and went downstairs intending to head into town for the day. I was caught by Mom and Dad as I stepped onto the landing "Aspen," Mom called to me from the front desk "tell your father about Mark and his husband..."

"Philip," I took a breath " Phillip Tuftler, his family is interesting to say the least. Marks family was supportive of him being gay at first but when he and Phillip adopted Nzuri they objected very loudly." It's a hard a story to tell but it's the truth "some of Mark's family disowned him because they didn't believe he had the right to raise a child due to him being gay others disowned him because of Nzuri's skin color."

     "And Philips?" Dad was concerned, he always hates it when people shun someone based on what he says is something not on the negotiation table.

    "The Tuftlers believe if they give their son enough time he'll wise up and come back to quote... his proper human nature" insert eye roll here.

Dad groaned and Mom dropped the pen she was using and looked at me in shock and disgust "of all the idiotic sack of sh..."

"Mom, it's okay..." I love the way she reacts to this type of stuff. "They've already left, Mark called this morning."

"They are already headed out this way?" Dad has always been awesome, he doesn't care as long as you are a kind and caring individual and doing your best, then he will support you one hundred percent.

"Yes, with Bertie age twenty two and Karl age eighteen, they are Philips siblings who were thrown out and disowned by their parents but Mark didn't say why. I'm assuming it's for supporting him but..." I rolled my eyes then and now.

      "Yeah," Dad nodded "let us know if there is anything we can do to help okay,"

     "I will Dad thanks," I gave them each a hug.

As I head out we switch to, Sicily and Nassa who are getting the cameras installed. The staff and I got the cables in for them already when we added the wires for internet to some of the suites so installing the cameras was just a matter of hanging them and connecting them to the proper cables "let's see if we can get this done before breakfast." Nassa smiled at Sicily "so has he asked you yet?" Really, you're going to talk about this?

"No," she huffed in annoyance "I'm starting to think he only sees me as a friend." Wait, what?

Nassa laughed "I doubt that, you haven't heard how he talks of you." Thank you...

"Then why hasn't he made a move yet, is there something wrong with me..." no way, she's really stressing this "am I not sexy enough for him?"

"You are definitely not friend zoned, he's just being cautious." Nassa shrugged "maybe his last intimate relationship didn't end well." Understatement.

"How do I compete with someone who's not there?" Sicily finished with the camera she was working on and climbed down off the step ladder.

"Maybe let him see a little more skin?" He paused and laughed "I know, you shower suddenly isn't working" he smirked looking back at her "maybe you can use his?"