December 4th

The talent show was as amazing as I remembered it, we all had fun . For the first time in several days it felt like everything was normal but really what is normal. With Rhaps back stage Bandon and I had a chance to just hang and it felt great. His sister's took over the event giving him the night off. I laid in bed until early in the morning going over the night. Funny how some of the most important things I actually missed, like how Bandon got quiet with a subtle smile as Rhaps took the stage. He actually cheered louder than anyone for her. Most importantly as soon as she hit the stage she looked for him their eyes locked and a gentle smile emerged on her face.

Much like me, Rhaps and Bandon stayed up talking too. Ah, jeeez they are naked... and they're spooning, shit why do I have to see this... I'm going to throw up. Ignore it consider the fact that Rhaps has her frown on, furrowed brow and shy demeanor... "Do you think that is mainly what I am good for?" Suddenly she has my attention. By her tone, low, slow and gentle she is seriously doubting herself. She just gazed out the window as she stroked Bandon's arm that was wrapped around her. "I mean is that all I will be good for."

"What, sex?" Bandon smiled and pulled her closer. She slapped his hand and looked back at him. He kissed her nose "Rhapsody, you can do anything you decide you are not giving up on."

"You mean anything I set my mind too?"

Bandon adjusted the blankets and ran his hand up and down her hip on top of the blanket. It doesn't help bud I know what you two just did... I know you are naked under there. "No, Dad always says that the key is to keep trying so... it's not just what you set your mind to but what you refuse to give up on."

"That is a good way to look at it." Bandon smiled and casually kissed her head "what if I am bored with something and it no longer feels like it can hold my attention." Okay, did anyone but him know she was having this issue?

"Like something is missing, or does it feel more like you are a tenth grader stuck in kindergarten." Bandon has always been good at putting chaos into patterns that clear the path for you. It's one of his best qualities... she really needed him right now. I'm starting to wonder if this whole experience is just to make me feel like an ass over and over again.

"Maybe a little bit of both." Rhaps was always thrust into music, from the day she was born. Grandpa had predicted when Mom was pregnant that Rhaps would be musically inclined so Mom and Dad ran with it. I never thought she felt trapped by it.

"Well, maybe we should take some classes, things that you wouldn't think of doing." He kissed her temple and made his way down to her neck then stopped thank the... I thought I was going to have to narrate... delete image, please delete image... "maybe your musical skills are just not challenged anymore, maybe what you think is the only path for you is just too simple for you."

"I don't want to disappoint anyone."

"Okay, if you don't give yourself more credit than that you will be disappointing me."

"That's cheating." She turned to look at him and he kissed her nose "but working, what did you have in mind."

"Study some different music styles and maybe focus on song writing for a while." He thought for a moment as he inhaled her scent deeply "you do realize the college a town over is looking for a teacher for a couple of classes." He kissed her as she furrowed her brow "ever thought of getting a doctorate in musical study?"

"You think I could?" Her smile broadened as the possibilities raced through her mind.

"Yes." The amount of love he has in his eyes as he looks at her is shocking... and a bit sickening. Can we be done now? "Let's see," his eyes suddenly lit up and got that just grew devil horns look, he's planning something "I need to do some shopping later, is that okay."