December 23rd

We learned last night that Mom and Dad had been thinking about adopting for a couple years now. They just felt their family wasn't done yet. If it is or isn't done yet, it's got closer to it this day.

      "Breakfast!" Rhaps tackled Bandon "I've already had dessert." I'd like to make a joke here but they're both naked... can I leave?

    "So the new years concert and party at the theater just got bigger, it's becoming a festival that will spill into the street out front of the Theater." For the record, yes Bandon is exhausted... he takes his roll to take care for her very seriously. I must admit she couldn't be in better hands. I still say their relationship went from zero to one hundred in two seconds flat... to soon, you really need to take your time and enjoy life first.

"Are you going to plan a party for every holiday?" Rhaps nuzzled into him.

"I hadn't thought about it but that is a good idea." A very successful one too. "Not play favorites, but celebrate them all, with reason... I mean if no one shows up to the event we won't be doing that one again."

Rhaps laughed heartily "like your Saint Patrick's day party." She fought to catch her breath from the laughter.

"Who knew we had that many riotous drunks in this town." He laughed "I liked that Mayor, too bad he had to drop trousers and pee on the flower beds in front of the elementary school." It was at midnight, no kids were there but adults who lived near the school saw him trying to pee his name into the flower bed.

Rhapsody nearly fainted from laughter. "I'm just signing my name..." they both burst out laughing.

"Maybe I'll see if I can get a Celtic band to do a concert on Saint Patrick's day this year, something high class... that frowns on booze."

"Something supported by Alcoholics Anonymous would be best." He tickled her. "Didn't you and Aspen go streaking that day through town?" No, Bandon refused to go, said it was undignified... so Dad went with me.

"I think I saw Aspen, but I don't know who was with him."

"But you saw them." Wait for it...

"They had masks and sandals on so I didn't see their faces." He is remembering that day again, it bothers him how he misjudged the class or lack thereof in the community.

"Then how do you know it was Aspen?" Here it comes folks

"Because of the tattoo on his ass." Yeah and tell her how I got it buddy. "I know it was his tattoo because I picked it out and a friend of ours gave it to him while he was passed out drunk." Yeah, don't ask... as far as I'm concerned that doesn't exist. I ain't admitting what it is no matter what anyone does. The dudes brilliant...

"What?" She sat up and looked at him puzzled, but thankfully she has the sheet wrapped around her.

"Yeah, remember when he was having trouble with to much drinking..." Bandon winced he expects her to yell at him. "Well, he refused to go to a meeting about it, so we figured an embarrassing tattoo would be a reminder of what happens when he gets carried away."

"Perfect lesson for him." That would be pride in her eyes right now. She leaned over and kissed him deeply "thank you for saving him from himself."

"You're welcome,"

"Is he okay?" I knew they talked about this.

"No, he's been depressed for a while..." Bandon's nervous "I don't know what to do, I don't want a repeat of..."