December 14th

Bandon was going to crash with me instead of stay in with Rhaps but I convinced him to spend the night fixing his suite with me. By simply pointing out if there is spare bedrooms he won't have to crash elsewhere... no one else has to know sort of thing. He liked that.

      We got the walls up and screwed into place, yes screwed... hammer and nails are a no-no at night when people are sleeping. Once they were completely done we focused on painting them so as to not push the noise issue. We finally crashed around three on the couch and fell asleep. It was a blast actually, looking back now I see Rhaps was more relieved that I was there with him. 

     Rhaps had just left quietly with Makaio when Bandon stretched  "Good morning, wanna hand me that cable?" I greeted him.

      "Huh?" He looked up at me "Dude, when did we get TV's?"

      "Yesterday, they were on sale because nobody want one this big around here. I got computers to install too." Bandon handed me the cable I needed, he looked like a kid that was just handed a huge plate of junk food. "Rhaps's scare made Mom cave and allow it in some of the rooms."

     "Starting with the family suites." He grinned "this is one of the smart tv's" he picked up the manual "oh so cool... I have missed television."

     "Yeah, the Koa's are more advanced than us." I worried about this conversation, it's going to be nice seeing if I was an ass here or if it helped. "Bandon, Buddy can I ask a harsh question."

      "If it's about Rhapsody and our argument I would prefer you didn't." He kept flipping through the manual and didn't even look up.

       "Sort of, I was just wondering what happened with you and Nassa?" I picked up the other papers that came with the manual and handed them to him "just curious..."

     "Remember I told you about the argument I had with the Dodo, well he took her side."

      "How old was he?"

      "Does it matter?" He threw the papers down onto the coffee table

      "Yes. Because at some ages you immediately side with your parents.... especially if his older brother was protecting him from the worst of it."

      "So I'm an ass for walking away from him because I was abandoned by them?"

       "No, just warning you to be prepared." I set the tools down. "Keep this in mind when you see him, he may be mad at you because of seeing first hand what you had been protecting him from." I sighed "as in mad at you for being right or mad at himself but takes it out on you..."

"Am I so wrong for not wanting to be reminded of all that?" He looked at me distraught and I shook my head "no, that's all the answer your giving me?"

       "Okay... From the sounds of it, he was abandoned not long after you. Maybe he wised up, a little late." I was going for the guilt thing here "I know a bit about that..."

      "Cut it out." He folded his arms and glared

     "What?" I feigned innocence but he was well aware of my intentions. "You do know that Rhaps was right, but yeah she should have talked to you and gotten your okay first... or at least warned you." Now for the shouldn't have said it moment "besides it's not like your married."

     "You are an ass." He threw a pillow at me and plopped down onto the couch. "Is that working now?" He pointed at the tv.

      "Yep." I handed him the remote. "By the way, I told Rhaps about the incident in the kitchen."