Chapter 79: Betrayals and Schemes

*BOOM!!!*

The deafening sound of the C4 exploding reverberated through the City Hall.

With the C4 exploding inside the barrier, the latter was unable to protect the node. Quite the opposite, the barrier ended compressing all the power of the explosion in the node.

Vanoss could see the panic in the Duke's face. When the Duke saw the node being destroyed, his eyes turned bloodshot, and the rage in his face was even greater than when Moo cut his arm.

The magic circle around the city shook violently, as though it was about to break. However, that was just a momentary illusion. In the last second, the magic circle returned to normal.

When the group saw that, they looked at each other with grave expressions.

Julian: Just one node more.

Sherene: It's time to leave.

The others nodded. Delirious yelled, giving a command to the armored Iron Golem to fall back.

Wildcat, also hearing her words, immediately went to the Bus and starting the engine.

It was something him had been avoiding to use due to the great amount of fruel the bus used and the short time it could be kept, but now, they needed the Banana Bus speed to escape this place and go to the last node.

Wildcat: Everybody, on a board to the green-yellow Banana!

The group did not hesitate. Everyone immediately rushed towards the Bus.

But...

Orazvil: W̸̰͖̆̐̀͊H̷̖͉̘̥̲͑E̶̡̺̰̎̾̑̈͝Ŗ̵̳̖͂̿́E̸͕͇̺̤̜͑̐͘͝ ̷͖͚̮̤̝̾̚D̶̰͎̓O̸̞͓̒ ̸̦͒Y̵͑ͅŎ̸͖͖̹̻̠́͝U̷̼͗͐͝ ̷̡̞̜͕̈́͜T̷̡̲͕̘̘̾̾̽H̷̖̖͕̒I̴͖̬̝̅̈́͛̏̽Ṇ̴̛̝̋̏̈K̵̩̮͙̖̉̀ ̷̣̠̔̀̓Y̶͓̙̰͛̐ͅȌ̴̧̧̫͉̅̈͝U̵͚̻̙͑̑́̄ ̶̘̗̭͎̞̉̌͐̃̆Ã̸̟͕̩̓͠R̴͚̺̄Ę̵̙̎̄ͅ ̸͎͚̖͇̿̊̀͝͠G̵̘͙̖͂Ỏ̵̞̘̈͊͋̚I̷͇͌̑̾̍N̵̟͕̮͠G̸̞͂̎͠!̸̳̜̆̉́!̴̮̏̉̒!̵̫͝!̶̣̀?̵̪̗̞̥͆͊̎̏̐?̶͖̺̄͌̿͂̍?̶͚͉̐̂?̶̼͉̦̟̘̐͋̈̽"̴̛͓̩̺̮͎̊̅

Wildcat: To Brazil :/

The Duke screamed crazily. Even more mana surged out of his body, filling each corner of the city hall. The mana then turned into spears and tentacles that attacked the group.

Sherene: {Purification}!

Sherene's spell came at that moment. A ball of mana appeared above her head before exploding!

Pure white light blinded all the people in the city hall. When the light touched the Duke's mana, it escaped of its control and returned to nature.

The Duke, however, was not going to give up so easily. Suddenly, the chains around the city hall moved before transforming into snakes that slithered towards the group!

Furthermore, several of the chains wrapped around the Bus, chaining it down and prevent it to move.

Wildcat desperately tries to move the bus further but it was futile.

Wildcat: FUCK!

Immediately, he yeeted himself towards the exit before the serpent chains blocking the entrance of the bus. At the same time, each one of the members of the group used their own means to evade or block the snake-like chains.