Chapter 14

Time skip - 3 years later. Oaklynn's 21 and living in a apartment in the outer banks. She owns a small golden retriever puppy, Everest. She is a Junior in college and going in for writing. She has an internship at a business and a part time job with JJ at a fancy restaurant. JJ lives with her. 

I walked out of my room to the living room where JJ was making out with some girl, "Seriously!" 

The girl jumped off and practically ran out the door, "You're such a cock block," JJ laughed. 

"I am not! You have a room for a reason," I laughed, as Everest came running up with her stuffed cow. 

I nealed down and petted her, "I'm going to the store, need anything?" I asked. 

"Some more chips," JJ said, turning on the TV. 

I walked over and kissed him on the top of the head. JJ and I said if we aren't married or anything by 30 then we would. JJ is my best friend. 

I walked out of the apartment and down to the parking garage, I got in my car and drove to the mainland. 

I got out of my car and walked inside the grocery store, I began shopping when I saw a little girl about 2 running down the aisle. I grabbed her, "Whoa watch," I said, as I pulled her out of the way of some man who wasn't paying attention and almost ran her over. 

"Rose!" A man came running down the aisle, I looked up and saw Rafe. 

I smiled as our eyes met, Rose ran over to him. Hugging his leg calling him daddy, "Oaklynn?" Rafe asked. 

"Hey," I smiled, looking down to Rose, "You have a kid," 

Rafe picked her up, "Yeah it's me and little Rose," He smiled, as he kissed her cheek. 

I smiled picking up some rice from the shelve, "So how's your life been?" He asked. 

"Good, uh I started what I wanted. And yours? How's your wife?" I asked. 

"It's been hard, and Violet left me when Rose was born," Rafe said, looking down. 

My mouth dropped, "I'm so sorry," 

He shrugged, "It's fine, she got what she wanted out of my dad. Plus I wouldn't take it back," He said, tickling Rose. 

"You wouldn't?" I asked. 

"No, I got the best thing out of that," He smiled, "So you got anyone?" 

"Nope, been working on myself for 3 years," I smiled. 

"That's good," He smiled, "Uh do you want to catch up sometime?" Rafe asked. 

"Sure," I smiled. 

Rafe walked away waving goodbye. I finished my shopping. 

Time skip - 1 week later. 

I set my phone down on the table, Rafe and I have been texting and calling each other all week. He was a different person then 3 years ago. He asked if I wanted to go to dinner with him tonight. 

"I got a date tonight," JJ said, walking into the kitchen. 

"Okay, I'm going out with a friend," I smiled. 

"You mean Rafe?" He asked, opening the fridge. 

"Yeah, a friend," I laughed. 

"Sure," JJ smiled, as he grabbed a water and walked to his room. 

I rolled my eyes and walked into my room, I found a black dress and some heels, I threw my hair up into a slick ponytail, did my makeup, adding a red lip, and grabbed my black coat.