Chapter 9

Time skip - Oaklynn and the gang all arrived at the Outerbanks. They got to their Air bnb and unpacked. Ian and Oak were in Oaks room.

"It's fucking hot," Ian said, taking his shirt and wiping the sweat off him.

I laughed as I grabbed a short purple tank top that pushed my boots up and black shorts that has tons of rips, I did grab my black and white bikini to put under.

I walked into the bathroom and changed, "Do you want to go out with me?"

Ian looked at me, "Where?"

"I have friends here that don't even know I'm here," I said, leaving my room.

Ian followed as I walked downstairs, "Oaklynn May Ball! What the hell are you wearing!" Kev yelled.

I was still walking to the door where I noticed Lip staring, "It's hot!" I yelled, as I walked outside.

The sun hit my face, the smell of the ocean, we were on the kook side so the grass was greener and everything looked perfect.

I began to walk when I saw Ian by the front steps, "Are you coming?" I asked, turning around.

"Nope. Too hot. I'm gonna chill in the pool with Carl and Debs," Ian yelled.

I nodded, I began to walk the closet house was the Cameron's and I have no ride to the otherside of the island.

It's was Tuesday around 6pm so I know Sarah is home. She has to teach golf lessons.

I walked up the long driveway and knocked on the door. My heart began to beat faster, I stood there praying Rafe wouldn't answer the door.

The door opened and a blonde haired boy opened the door. I stared straight into his blue ocean eyes. I watched as his eyes widened.

"Is your sister here?" I asked.

He crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame, "Maybe,"

"Rafe, is your sister home," I said.

"Why do you care, I thought you went back to Chicago," He said.

"I did, just visiting with my family, now move," I said, pushing past him.

He grabbed my hand and pinned me against the wall, "This is my house, don't walk in like you own it!" He whispered.

I stared into his eyes, his pupils weren't dilated and he looked better, "I pretty much live here, now let go of me,"

He let my hand go as I pushed past him. I walked upstairs and knocked on Sarah's door.

"Shes sitting outside by the pool," Whezzie said, behind me.

I nodded and began to walk downstairs, Rafe was walking up. As he walked by his hand brushed against mine. I just kept walking.

I got outside and I saw Sarah laying in a lawn chair tanning. I ran over quietly and sat in the chair next to her.

"Damn, it's a beautiful day," I said, staring at the sky.

"It is.." She said, sitting up quickly and turning to face me, "LYNN! Omg! What are you doing here!" She screamed, hugging me.

I laughed and hugged back. We sat there for hours catching up. I told her everything that has happened since I left.

The sun began to set, I texted Kev that I would be home tomorrow morning.

Sarah and I walked into her house, she was super happy. We walked past the living room where Rafe was sitting with his father and 2 other people.

"We have to go hang with the group. Since your birthday is tomorrow!" Sarah said, walking to the front door.