Chapter 1: The Council of Elrond

House of Elrond

It is October 25th  and you're attending a secret meeting on Elrond's porch. There are Elves, Dwarfs, a Wizard, and a Hobbit, who are in attendance. Representing the Race of Man, are you, Borimir of Gondor, and Aragorn son of Arathorn. There was a sort of meet and greet before the meeting, so you are familiar with those in attendance. 

You have heard rumors that Aragorn is the uncrowned king of Gondor, but you still have a few doubts. You just don't feel the need to voice them.

((Having arrived in Rivendell a few days prior, you got to know Arwen, Elrond's daughter, She even did your hair for the meeting. She took your usual everyday hairstyle and made it more elegant than if it had been done by a human. (Regardless of style, texture, etc…)

If you choose, she pins flowers in your hair. )) 

Your breath catches, seeing the One Ring. You had heard about Sauron, the enemy of the free people, had been looking for something, and that's why there had been increased sightings of Ring Wraiths.

But to actually see the thing that the enemy so desired, was another matter altogether. Even though it is a plain band of gold, everyone in attendance seems to be unable to break eye contact with it. It’s as if the ring is drawing everyone to it. Even you are unable to escape its pull.

After a few moments of muttering silence, Boromir stands and recites the lines of the riddle from the dream he had before leaving for Rivendell.  He stands and walks to the pedestal in the middle of the gathering, where the ring had been placed. 

“Isildur’s bane.” he says, reaching for the ring.

“BOROMIR!” Elrond yells, leaping to his feet.

Gandalf, the wizard that’s wearing all grey, stands and starts speaking in Black Speech, the language of Mordor. You know Gandalf from his visits to Minas Tirith, when You, Faramir, and Boromir, were children. 

Gimili, the Dwarf draws his ax, as the sky darkens and a low rumble can be heard.

Gandalf doesn't stop speaking until Boromir is back in his chair. When he does stop speaking, so does the rumble and the sky returns to its natural brightness.

Elrond returns to his chair and massages his temples.

“What in Arda possessed you to do that?” You snap at Boromir. “Just because they put the ring of the enemy in front of you, doesn’t mean you have to touch it.” 

Before Boromir can respond, Elrond says, “Never before has any voice uttered that tongue here in Imladris. “

“I do not ask your pardon Master Elrond,” Gandalf says “For the black speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West. The ring is altogether evil.”

“It is a gift, a gift to the foes of Mordor.” Boromir said, once again getting to his feet. 

Honestly, if he tries to take the ring, I’m hauling him back home. I really don’t care if he’s going to be my future brother-in-law, if he keeps showing such an interest in this ring, I can find someone else to help. You think, not really meaning it but still feeling the need to think it.

“Long has my father, the steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay, by the blood of our people, while your lands were kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy let's use it against him.”

Why did I get stuck with this guy? You think, Maybe after that stunt, you pulled, we don’t need you carrying the ring back to Gondor?

“You cannot wield it,” says Aragorn, “None of us can. The one ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master.”