Chapter 6: Lothlorien

As you and your companions make your way through the beautiful forest, Gimli is as nervous as long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

"Stay close, young hobbits. They say a
Sorceress lives in these woods. An elf-witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell..." He cautions in a low whisper, as if he's afraid the very trees are listening.

Frodo seems to be walking in a daze.

" Mr. Frodo?" Sam asks.

"Well, here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!" Gimli says.

You hear something. The soft rustle of someone walking on leaves.

We're being followed! You think, resting your hand on your sword.

All of a sudden, you're met with a knocked arrow pointed at your head.

You've walked into an Elven ambush!

Gimli falls into a stunned silence.

" The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." The elf captain says.

Aragorn and the captain been to converse in Elvish. You are able to pick up that the Captain's name is Haldir, and he is of Lorien.

"Aragorn! These woods are perilous. We should go back." Gimli says.

"You have entered the realm of the Lady of the Wood. You cannot go back," Haldir replies.

Haldir's eyes lock onto Frodo.

"Come, she is waiting."

***

Haldir leads the Fellowship onto a Hill Top. You gasp audibly at the view.

Nestled high in the crown of the
Mallorns trees is a Beautiful City. It seems to gleam even in the fading sunlight.

To the east, you see the pale gleam of the Anduin, the great river. Beyond the River, the land appears flat and empty, formless and vague, until far away, it rises again like a dark and dreary wall.

***

It is after nightfall by the time you reach the city.

Once you reach the audience chamber, Lord Celeborn steps forward to greet the you. He has long silver colored hair, while at the same time remaining ageless.

Next to him stands Galadriel, the Lady of Lothlorien. She has hair of gold and is more beautiful than any human you've ever seen.

"Nine there are, yet ten there were set
out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is
Gandalf, for I much desire to speak with him." Lord Celeborn says.

Lady Galadriel, says softly, "He has fallen into shadow," She looks to Aragorn. "The Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all.Yet hope
remains while the company is true,"

Eventhough you think she is beautiful. There's something about her that's slightly off putting. It's as if you can feel her looking straight through you.

As if not even your very mind is safe from her gaze.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow and much toil."

***

You, Gimli, Legolas, Merry, Pippin, Frodo and Sam are in a pavilion set among the trees near a fountain.

You rest on a soft couch and watch as the Elves set platters of food, and pitchers of wine on the table. Your stomach growls, reminding you of the last time you'd eaten.