Chapter 13: I'm still wondering why he has make-up...

*Maddy's POV*

I woke to someone violently shaking my shoulder.

"What?!" I whispered as I sat up. Where was I? I recognized it as Harry and Louis's flat. It was dark though. The television was off now. Harry and I had been sleeping on the couch together, with his arms wrapped around me. I wriggled out of his grasp, and saw three dark figures in front of me.

"It's prank time." Someone said. It had to be Louis. He pulled me out of the living room, and to the loo. He pushed me in, closed the door, and turned on the light.

Zayn and Niall stood behind Louis. Zayn looked very mischievous, and Niall had to contain his constant laughter. Louis immediately started rummaging through the bathroom drawers. Niall chuckled and moved around him to sit on the edge of the bath. Zayn fixed his hair the the mirror and supervised Louis.

"What exactly is going on?" I asked.

"I told you. It's prank time. Harry needs a good laugh right now." Louis mumbled.

"Let's not do anything rash. Okay?"

Louis just grinned.

"What time is it?" I questioned. I had trouble keeping my eyes open.

"2:48" Zayn responded, looking at his phone. I groaned and warily watched Louis search.

Louis let out a hushed evil laugh, and pulled out eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick.

"Ummmmm...Louis...Why do you have make-up...?..." I stuttered.

"You naïve little girl. IT'S PRANK TIME." He rubbed his hands together.

My mouth turned into a perfect 'O'. The boys pushed me out of the room before I could ask any more questions. Zayn turned the flashlight on his phone on, and Niall held the make-up items. Louis and I crept to Harry's sleeping form. With Zayn's light and Niall handing us the make-up, Louis and I began to give Harry a makeover. When we were done, all of us had to leave the room because we couldn't stop laughing.

"Nice teamwork!" Louis whispered, and gave us all high fives.

"Thank you for the entertainment, Louis, but I'm tired. Night! Wake me when Harry wakes up." Zayn grinned, and left.

"Ditto. See you guys later!" Niall bit his lip to keep from cracking up again.

Louis turned on me when he left. I flinched from his sudden movements. He studied me closely.

"I like you, Maddy Patricia Gwenn. You're pretty cool. And Harry likes you. You seem to like him back, am I correct?"

I didn't know how to respond. I shouldn't like Harry. But deep inside, I had loved waking up with his arms around me. I realized Louis was waiting for an answer. I whispered something that sounded like yes.

Louis nodded, "Good. You be good to him. Don't hurt him."

I scoffed. "I think you should be telling Harry not to hurt me. I'm not the player here."

Louis raised an eyebrow. "Wait. You think he's a player. And yet you still like him?"

"It's not really something I can help. Believe me, I wish I could just forget about him but...I can't."

"Those damn curls." Louis said under his breath.

"I know right? The dimples don't hurt." I said back. Louis barked out a laugh.

"But seriously, sometimes one-night-stands and such are fun, but Harry is really looking hard for the right person. A permanent person."

"Sure he is." I rolled my eyes.

"It's the truth. Don't listen to the media or magazines or any of that crap. It's all lies."

"Believe me, I know."

"You don't know. Media's a monster. The real Harry is lying fast asleep on that couch out there. If you would like some bullshit, just go to the store and buy some."

"My life is bullshit. And you're right. I'm going to be the one to hurt Harry. I don't want to, but its not my fault. Harry should back off before my bullshit gets to him."

"I don't know if I understand..."

"Of course not. You have to get Harry away from me though."

"Maddy, now you don't understand. He's in too deep."

"No. He hasn't hit rock bottom yet. I know what it looks like when that happens. You can still save him, Louis."

"You're crazy."

"And you're confused. Should I spell it out? I. Am. A. Bad. Person."

"But..why?"

"Because I fell in love with Harry for the wrong reasons."

"Money?"

"I've got enough of that."

"Fame."

"Hell no."

"Why then?"

"Revenge. Acceptance."

"Huh?"

"I fell in love once. It was a mistake."

"He broke your heart?"

"Shattered it."

"Harry wouldn't do that."

"That's what you say."

"I know that for sure. But wait..what do you mean acceptance?"

"My mum."

The look on Louis face would've been hilarious if it weren't for our serious conversation.

"You want...your mum...to accept you?..."

"Yes. I don't fancy getting kicked out or grounded."

"So your mum made you like Harry?"

"Precisely."

"You lost me."

"Good. If you got it, you may not let me hang out with you guys anymore. And, as much as I hate admitting it, I like you guys. You're fun. Forget I ever said anything. I would never intentionally hurt anyone of you. Truthfully, I thought you were jerks. But I was wrong. I may have ruined everything."

"Well, fix it. Because Harry really likes you."

"And I like him. Please, always remember that. No matter what happens, remember I will always like Harry."

"I'm still confused, but I'll remember. Goodnight, Maddy." He yawned and walked to his room.

"Night, Louis."

I sighed. What a tiring conversation. In the dark, I felt my way to the couch and climbed into Harry's arms. He responded immediately by tightening his grasp, and inhaling deeply. My eyes closed, and I wanted to stay here forever. I never thought this would be happening. I was falling in love with Harry Styles.