(9.) Incredible

Y/n's Pov:

Once the hands of the clock joined on the left side, we were already on top of the mall looking for anything out of the ordinary.

"Look for Imperial Panda and Kaufman Shoes." Robin tells the boys. It was heavily raining, and even though we were wearing rain jackets, we still got soaked.

"They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock." Dustin says, his eyes up agains a pair of binoculars. And he was right, there were a couple workers wheeling Imperial Panda boxes into a room.

"What do you think's in there?" Steve asks.

"Guns, bombs, chemical weapons?" Dustin replies. I didn't really like the idea that my brother was in the face of danger, but I knew that were was no way I could tell him to back down. "Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth." He said as he pointed to a man wearing all black who was armed with a gun.

"Great." Steve sarcastically remarked. "That's great."

One of the armed men uses a keycard to open a door. A person, one of the silver cats, wheels the boxes inside.

"Hey, what's in there?" Robin asks, referring to the room.

"Let me check it out," Steve says, trying to grab the binoculars away from Dustin.

"No, I'm still looking." My brother says.

"Lemme see it!" The older boy commands.

"Hang on!" Dustin yells at him. Because of all their fighting, the binoculars slammed into the metal railing of the roof, alerting everyone below.

"Duck!" Dustin yells, and we all follow his orders. They couldn't have seen us, right? It was dark and cloudy, and we all hid pretty quickly. Still, I was incredibly nervous.

In all the fright, Robin's hand and mine had subconsciously found their way to each other. We made eye contact, and I went to move my hand away, not wanting to make her uncomfortable, but she just squeezed my hand harder. It was probably just because she was scared. And she had every right, we were surrounded by people who were probably Russian, and they had guns.

One of the Russian men yell something and runs up to the roof, but we're already long gone before he gets there. 

"Well, I think we found your Russians." Robin says to Steve, back in the employee hallway. That experience may have been terrifying, but at least we were all safe.

~~~The next day~~~

I quickly made my way to work the next day, determined to figure out what was in those boxes. The others seemed just as antsy considering we all got here much earlier then needed so we could open the store and get to work asap. 

The three of us, the actually employees manned the shop while Dustin when to spy on the Russians. I wasn't on board with putting my baby brother in the face of danger, but he said he's done stuff like this before. What the hell was that supposed to mean?

After his observations, he came back into the store to share his analysis with us. 

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun." Dustin states. Great. More involvement with weapons. "Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it."

"But there's gotta be a way in." Robin says.

"Well, you know, I could just take him out." Steve says.