(11.) Belly of the Beast

Y/n's Pov:

In a matter of seconds we were all a screaming mess.

"We're going down! We're going down!" Steve yelled.

"Yeah, no shit Harrington!" Robin screamed. I stood next to her, one hand intertwined with hers and the other clinging tho the shelves behind us.

"Why don't these buttons work?!" Dustin yelled, still trying to use the button panel to get us out of this mess. 

"Press the button!" Erica yelled, running over to help him. 

"What do you think I'm doing?!"

"Come on, press something! Just press the button!" Steve yells.

"Push it!" Erica yells. 

"Shut up, it's obviously not working!" I interfere.

And just as suddenly as it started, the room stopped. We all collapsed to the ground, ending in me landing slightly on top of Robin.

"My groin." Steve says, a box laying on tp of him. "It fell on my groin. Dustin! Get this off me!"

"Is everyone okay?" Robin asks. 

"Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that RUSSIANS CANT DESIGN ELEVATORS." Steve screams as he goes back to try the buttons again. 

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work." Robin says.

"They're buttons. They have to do something."

"Yeah, if we had a keycard." I say.

"A what?" Steve asks.

"It's an electronic lock. Same as the loading dock door. If we don't have a keycard it won't operate." Robin says.

"Meaning we're stuck here." I add.

"Yeah." She says. 

"Just so you nerd are aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for Uncle Jack's party tomorrow and my mom find out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit. Your. Throats." Erica says.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT TINA. OR UNCLE JACK'S PARTY! YOU'RE MOM'S NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO FIND IS IF WE'RE DEAD IN A RUSSIAN ELEVATOR!" Robin sighs, holding her arms in which undoubtedly took a hit from the fall.

"You okay?" I quietly ask her.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good." She says with a small smile. 

"Hey, look!" Dustin says. He points to the top of the elevator where another vent rested. "What if we climbed out?"

The boys opened the air duct and climbed inside. We hear a few mumbles from above, but I couldn't make any words out. Then, Dustin's head popped out from the opening.

"Yeah, climbing's not gonna work. We're way too far underground. I'm gonna try to see if I can call anyone from here."

"Good luck." I reply. Steve climbs back down and Robin and him try to use the buttons. Once again, it offers no solution. Defeated, Robin sits down next to me while Steve still tries the buttons.

"Hey." She says.

"Hey." I reply. "So, how do you think we'll get out of this?"

"I'n not sure, but we'll find a way." She says. "Do you have any idea what time it is?"

"Im guessing it's something around 8 pm? I could be wrong, it's kinda hard to tell down here." I say sarcastically. She laughs and we sit there together for a moment. Even in horrible conditions like this, I really did enjoy her company.