EPISODE 7 RECAP

We back up a little to fill in some of the gaps before last week's cliffhanger (so to speak). Chief Makkhan looks through a display case of Omega-3 murder mysteries at a bookstore, as part of his search for the elusive author. Who else should sidle up next to him but Pawan, the Omega writer himself. He greets Chief Makkhan and observes impishly that the author of Omega-3 is supposed to be very handsome, I mean really handsome, like Hritik Roshan level. Pfft.

Chief Makkhan didn't think anyone had ever seen the author's face, but Pawan replies that he's only repeating the rumors. While heading back to the company Chief Makkhan runs into Grandma Seeta, who tells him to get into her car. She has noticed that something is off about Shaurya, and is searching for answers. Chief Makkhan sees Shaurya walking away from the company, and although it seems strange he can't get out of the car without rousing Grandma Seeta's suspicions.

This brings us to Sameer arriving at the rooftop, and the challenge to find him in one hour that ended last week's episode. Anokhi tries to call Chief Makkhan, but he cannot answer as he is still being interrogated by Grandma Seeta. Step by step, Grandma Seeta lays out the things that made her suspicious.

She knows Shaurya's problem can't be anything as simple as a hidden woman somewhere, because he practically exiled himself to America when he was only fifteen. There must be a reason he never came back, not even when his mother called him, and that reason is probably connected with why he is determined to return to America in three months. "What secret is he hiding from me?" demands Grandma Seeta.

When Chief Makkhan doesn't pick up the phone, Anokhi calls Dr.Singh for advice. She learns that aside from having suicidal tendencies, Sameer is seventeen, a painter who hates anything ugly, and has a near genius-level intellect. When Anokhi relays Sameer's words about the sky becoming his grave, Dr.Singh realizes that he must be on a rooftop somewhere. They know he won't be at the company, because there are too many people and CCTVs for him to be able to wait for an hour without anyone noticing. Anokhi sees a skyscraper in the distance that gives her an idea, and she ends her call with Dr.Singh. "I'm taking chances-I'm either right or wrong. I have to at least try."

Chief Makkhan prepares to tell Grandma Seeta the answers to her questions, but it turns out that she's not interested. "I don't care what he's hiding, or what secrets he has," she declares. She only wants Chief Makkhan to make sure Yash's father doesn't figure out the secret and use it to gain power. "Until my son comes back," she says, "that child must be protected."

And what happens after that, I wonder?

Anokhi sees a craft store, which triggers her memory of the sound of Sameer's spray bottle over the phone. She recreates the scene in her mind, watching Sameer purchase art supplies and then head across the street to a building that is conveniently closed for remodeling. After painting all seven personalities as his dying message, Sameer waits on the rooftop of the building.

He checks his watch and sees that the hour is up. Rising to his feet, he advances to the edge and balances on one foot. He leans forward, arms spread to the sky. "NO!" Anokhi's shout makes him freeze, and Sameer turns away from the ledge. Anokhi confronts Sameer, telling him he doesn't have the right to die when he pleases, since he shares the body. Sameer believes he's only doing what the others don't have the courage to do. He's tired of living this way, as a mutant, never knowing which personality will control the body next.

Anokhi : "Everyone has several people living inside of them. There's the me who wants to live, and the me who wants to die. I live every day fighting against the me who just wants to give up. You don't even have the courage to fight!"
"Come down," Anokhi says, holding out her hand. But Sameer holds up two fingers, since she was two minutes late in finding him. "If you wanted to save us," he tells her, "you shouldn't have been late."