EPISODE 13 RECAP

After showing Grandma Seeta his new determination, Shaurya goes looking for Anokhi.

He finds her in the basement, sitting motionless as her buried memories resurface. She tells Shaurya she's fine, but when she tries to stand up she faints and falls against him.
Shaurya calls Dr.Singh to his apartment to check on Anokhi.
Dr.Singh doesn't seem very worried, but he asks Shaurya to take extra care of Anokhi. Though she's tough now, she used to struggle with limiting her empathy for patients. Dr.Singh makes fun of himself for worrying like a father, but his concern is both genuine and touching.

Anokhi sleeps fretfully, her dreams troubled by fragments of her traumatic past.
Shaurya gets up to make a call, but Anokhi calls out to him, still deep within her nightmare: "Don't leave. Play with me." Shaurya grasps her hand in his and promises to stay by her side. He'll look after her now, he says, so she shouldn't worry about anything and just rest.

In his room in his parents' house, Pawan bolts upright, wondering if he had a nightmare.
He returns to his story, narrating while we return to Shaurya keeping watch over Anokhi.
Pawan writes that the thread of memory, once it begins to unwind, will not stop until it reaches an end-whatever that end may be.

When Shaurya wakes up, Anokhi is gone. He finds her downstairs in the kitchen, looking quite chipper considering her difficult night.
She roots through the fridge and says she wishes she could have some of her mother's cooking. Looking very downcast, Shaurya apologizes for getting Anokhi involved in his business. She teases him for being all serious, and tells him that she already told her parents the truth about her staying in India. Anokhi then declines Shaurya's offer to take her home, saying that if he's truly sorry he should buy her a meal instead.

Shaurya treats Anokhi to Chhole-bhature and soju, feeding her an onion ring with a shy smile that just kills me. He asks about Anokhi's nightmare, but she tells him to keep the serious talk for later. She has someone else who interprets her dreams : Pawan. This leads naturally to a discussion of Pawan, and all of the interactions Shaurya has had with him so far begin seem suspicious in light of what Shaurya now knows. He asks what kind of person Pawan is, and Anokhi replies that even she isn't entirely sure because her brother has so many different sides.
Shaurya wants to ask if Pawan is Anokhi's biological brother, but he stays silent and instead chides Anokhi for drinking so much right after being ill.
Anokhi replies that you would have better luck telling a dog to stop eating poop than getting her to eat Chhole-bhature without soju - a girl after my own heart, this one.

As they meander along the street, Anokhi asks if Shaurya is worried now that he's no longer the vice president of ID Entertainment. Will he be fine without the money he's accustomed to?
Shaurya replies that he can always sell the expensive goods Ronny has collected over the years.
Shaurya explains his plan, which is to find the child he thinks was in the basement with him. Anokhi approves of this plan, simple and straightforward as it is.
She realizes she forgot her phone in the restaurant, and sends Shaurya ahead to the café to order her coffee.

But Shaurya pauses in front of a storefront advertising tarot card readings. His eyes light up, and he heads inside.
The tarot reader greets Shaurya by complimenting him on his good looks. She offers to tell his fortune, asking Shaurya to concentrate on the girl he likes as he chooses the cards. The person she describes sounds a lot like Anokhi : a girl with a bright personality and a strong mind, who makes Shaurya feel at ease and is like a ray of sunshine in his life. The other cards, however, predict many obstacles in the way of their love. The final card is the Wheel of Fortune (look familiar?!), which represents an unavoidable fate. Their love may come to fruition, says the seer, but not without pain or hardship.

No sooner does Shaurya leave the shop than Anokhi walks by. She also walks in to have her fortune told... only to hear that she's juggling too many men.