EPISODE 19 RECAP

Chief Makkhan stands guard in the hallway outside Shaurya's new office, until a noise from inside draws his attention.

He enters the office, where Shaurya and Anokhi are embracing and giggling like a pair of high-school sweethearts. The chief reprimands Shaurya for being so careless in the office, with hostile eyes and ears all around. The shareholders' meeting is approaching, and Shaurya has to be at his most focused. Chief Makkhan tells Anokhi to wait at the apartment.

Anokhi tries to sneak out of the office, but runs into Yash on the way out. He recognizes her immediately, in spite of her spy shades. Yash reminds Anokhi of how they met, joking that they must have been fated to meet again. But he soon reveals his true motive by asking Anokhi to take his side in the next shareholders' meeting. If she does, he will make sure she receives the stocks she's entitled to by birth. Anokhi informs him that she hates taking sides, so they have nothing more to talk about. Yash tries to get her to stay, but Anokhi says she no longer works at the company and that she can leave whenever she wants.

Yash's secretary searches for a locker that can be opened by Alex's key. If the information they find is useful, Yash will authorize more money to be sent to Alex in return for knowledge of Shaurya's weakness.

Shaurya finds Alex's hotel room, where his former friend wakes up after a night of binge drinking, still bloody from Ronny's harsh treatment. Alex demands payment, while Shaurya says it's partly his fault that Alex ended up this way. Instead of paying him to keep his mouth shut, Shaurya should have simply punched him and moved on - maybe then Alex wouldn't have fallen into gambling and drugs.
Now Shaurya refuses to pay up. "If you expose my secret," he tells Alex, "I'll come back and punch you. Because you're still my friend."

But once he leaves the hotel room, Shaurya tells Chief Makkhan to settle Alex's gambling debts and arrange for him to enter rehab. He doesn't think of it as paying Alex off or getting him out of the way, but rather as a way of atoning for past mistakes by giving Alex a chance to get his life back on track.

Yash receives a call from Alex, who gives him the location of the locker. Yash's secretary finds it and uses the key to open it... but there's nothing there.

At the apartment, Chief Makkhan reveals that Alex changed his mind at the last moment, so he was able to clear out the locker before Yash's secretary got to it. The locker had contained a set of movies that all featured multiple personalities, which definitely would have been enough to tip off Yash.

Now that Shaurya has a little breathing room, Chief Makkhan urges him to find some weakness they can use to attack Yash's side at the shareholders' meeting. Shaurya wants everything to be aboveboard, however; he wants to win his own way, not his grandmother's. At that moment a call comes in with news that makes Shaurya rush outside right away.

The man who called has news about Sridevi's car accident, which may not actually have been an accident. The driver on the day of the crash was new, and even though Grandpa and Sridevi were supposedly heading to the airport with all possible haste, the site of the crash was in the suburbs - not directly on the way to the airport. Chief Makkhan reminds Shaurya that he shouldn't believe their informant completely without further confirmation. Still, Shaurya wonders who had the most to benefit should the president and the chairman of Sabherwal Group suddenly pass away.

Shaurya's mom visits her husband in his hospital room, and apologizes for using him. She is relieved now that Shaurya has returned to the company, but she urges Tez to wake up so he can stand by Shaurya's side.

Shaurya meets with Grandma Seeta, who knows he has been looking into the car accident. She admits that there were many rumors flying around after the accident, but denies having had anything to do with it. Grandma changes the topic to the shareholders' meeting, telling Shaurya that they have a new ally who happens to be waiting just outside. The door opens, revealing Shagun.