EPISODE 14 RECAP

Pawan comes out to look for Shaurya, and overhears him asking Anokhi to see him as a man. She cites the contract to Shaurya, which forbids her from falling in love with him or any of the alters. He counters that he will pay for the breach of contract. He steps closer and reaches for her hand, when he notices the charred photo of Rama in the trash can. In surprise, he tells Anokhi that the woman is his mother on the family registry. Why is it here?

Pawan announces himself by saying the photo is his.

Shaurya's mom shouts at her investigator for not finding that child yet. He says they've found out who took the child away on the night of the fire.

Grandma Seeta turns over Shaurya's declaration to find out the secrets of his past. Mom finds her in her study, and Grandma orders her to go to the U.S. with Shaurya and live how she wants. Mom comments that it would have been nice if Grandma had shown Shaurya even a little warmth as her grandson; then he wouldn't have become a person who threatened his parents. She says that Grandma's indebted to her - it's thanks to her that Shaurya's dad is alive. She points out that no matter how much Grandma dislikes it, Shaurya is his father's only bloodline. Getting increasingly worked up, she demands that Grandma bring Shaurya back immediately.

Shaurya asks Pawan why he had the picture. Pawan tells him he was planning to write a mystery novel based on the Sabherwal family, but abandoned it after being caught by Anokhi. Shaurya isn't convinced by the glib explanation and they take off to talk privately. Pawan warns his sister not to follow, so of course, she does.

Ensconced in a car, Shaurya asks with quiet anger what Pawan's interest is in his family history. Pawan says he was investigating what happened with Shaurya's father, Sridevi, and Shaurya's biological mother. Since he's already stopped, though, he tells Shaurya to drop it. Apologizing, he gets out.

Shaurya chases him to finish their talk, but Dad catches both of them. Seizing each by an ear, he sets them to work because the restaurant is so busy, and sends Anokhi inside to help Mom.

While they do Dad's chores, Shaurya tells Pawan about his own fear of basements. He knows Anokhi has the same fear, and asks if "The Child in the Basement" is based on the siblings' story. Pawan admits it is, although he doesn't explain if there's a connection to Sabherwal. Recalling that the reason for the boy's fear was because he loved the girl, Shaurya surmises that they must not be biological siblings.

Dad is so exasperated by the boys' intense gaze-offs every time he comes by that he bangs their heads together, accusing them of acting out their own melo, and they cry in pain.
Undeterred, Shaurya wants to know if Pawan found out the reason for Anokhi's fear.
But at this point, Pawan can't deal with any more Shaurya in his face, when he's still scarred from Nicky.

The family and Shaurya enjoy celebratory drinks together to see in the new year. Dad thanks "Arjun" for his hard work, and gives him allowance money. Shaurya is startled and turns it down, but Dad and Pawan encourage him to, so he accepts.

Next, it's selca time, and Dad and Pawan bicker. Shaurya watches, part bewildered and part amused by this display of family, so unlike his own. They take lots of pictures, and Shaurya - who has to be reminded to smile - is in the center of all of them.

The worse for drink now, Dad urges Shaurya/Arjun to enjoy more of his brew, but Shaurya makes the excuse that he's not a good drinker. Mom and Pawan add to the pressure, and all of a sudden, drunk Anokhi springs up and yells at them (with her eyes closed, lol) to leave him alone : "My man doesn't want to drink!" She invokes freedom and democracy, and girl you are going to be so mortified in the morning, ha.

Mom and Dad are shocked by her confession, and Pawan commences a brotherly telling-off. She just leans right over him to Shaurya and declares that she'll be his black knight (substitute drinker). But she only gets about halfway through his glass before she passes out and clatters to the floor, squishing Pawan. Both boys dive to help her up. Each of them grasp an arm and they tug the limp Anokhi back and forth, arguing about who gets to tuck her in, until Mom yells that she'll rip her in half. Dad adds the observation that they've been like this all day, filming their own little drama. Haha.