EPISODE 12 RECAP

Ronny speeds through a tunnel, his fight with Grandma Seeta about saving the other child roiling in his mind. He struggles with a piercing pain in his head and the scene blacks out. We snap to him by his father's bedside. By his horrified reaction, Shaurya must be back in control.

Dad's fingers twitch, and Shaurya's transported to a childhood memory : Little Shaurya makes a mistake at his piano and freezes with fear. Dad picks him up by the scruff of his collar, while present Shaurya gasps for breath and crashes to the floor, repeating his childhood cries : "I'm sorry father, I was wrong."
Dad asks, "Who did I say would be punished if you keep failing to do it properly?" He throws Shaurya into the basement, and both Shauryas, child and adult, cower.
But this time, the memory continues.

Another child crouches in the shadows, and little Shaurya shields him/her against Dad's advance with his own body.

Evil Dad kept the child as a whipping boy?

The lucid part of Shaurya registers the new memory.

Who was the other child?

The flashback releases him, but now the sight of his father causes the piercing pain again. Ronny's challenge seeps into his consciousness - to come out, to deal with his past, and find the people who made him this way. Shaurya vows not to lose to Ronny, but just as he pulls himself to his feet, men rush in and drag him away.

Shaurya is thrown to his knees in front of Grandma. She hits him across the face for daring to threaten her son and regrets taking in a "mindless beast."
Shaurya's confusion is evident, and he cuts her short with an apology. But his manufactured story about wanting to see his dad, and his gratitude towards him for saving him in the fire, is in direct contradiction of everything Ronny said earlier. Grandma notes the difference, not that it makes her any more forgiving. She tells him to get out of her sight.

He asks one more question. "When I was young..." Was I abused by my father? he finishes in his head. Out loud, he asks, "Was there another child in Sabherwal Group, apart from me?" Grandma stills as she remembers Ronny's promise to give Sabherwal to that child in reparation. You can see the wheels turning in her head.

Pawan plays innocent with Anokhi about the material she found on Shaurya and Sabherwal. He claims it's all research for his next project, but secretly palms a photo of Sridevi (the dead first wife/Mom's friend). Anokhi dislikes his subterfuge with Shaurya, and he admits to pricklings of conscience, to the extent that he even sold the Omega rights to him.

He ushers her out, but she demands again to know why she can't mention the Sabherwal name or Sabherwal to their parents, and calls him out on his shifty eyes. He deflects by pointing out that if they found out she was shacking up with a young man, there'd be trouble. They're both rescued by Dad, who arrives to borrow her, and Anokhi makes threatening faces at her brother behind Dad's back.

Grandma, meanwhile, denies any knowledge of another child.

Oh, are we playing dumb?

On his way out, Shaurya asks the housekeeper for his mom, because he has something to ask her. He's surprised to find out she was sent abroad the day before - by Ronny.

Pawan burns the photo he pocketed earlier. Sridevi, smiling and pretty, is eaten up by the flames.

A taxi drops Shaurya home. But when Shaurya looks into the driver's face, it's replaced by his father's. The hallucination sends him into a mindless panic, and he scrabbles at the doors in animal terror. He finally stumbles out and immediately throws up. Inside, he looks for Anokhi, but his house is empty.

Chief Makkhan arrives with a grim face, but seeing that Shaurya is back makes him break into a big smile, and he tells Shaurya not to worry, Anokhi is on her way back. Shaurya heaves a big sigh of relief. He was worried that she might have been hurt, in case Ronny had made good on his threat...which reminds him of Shagun.