EPISODE 9 RECAP

Remember that kiss?!
So does Anokhi, who wakes up in her room in Shaurya's apartment and immediately dives back under the covers, trying not to think about it. She wonders if it was really Shaurya who kissed her, and if it was, whether he might not remember.

As Shaurya starts his morning exercise routine, thoughts of Anokhi keep popping unbidden into his mind. He even tries meditation, listening to a soothing voice that tells him to get rid of his lust. But that only renews his memories of the kiss, so Shaurya breaks meditation to slap himself in the face.

Shaurya spits out a mouthful of orange juice when he meets Anokhi in the hallway. He makes it clear he remembers everything, and in embarrassment Anokhi runs for the exit. He catches at her scarf, causing her to tumble to the floor. She gets up and makes her escape, and Shaurya runs after her, face alight. Power-walking away from him, Anokhi wonders why he's following her. She says she's tired of vegetarian meals, so she's going in search of some meat.

He can follow if he wants, she says... and then runs away. Ha! Anokhi runs in and out of the bushes lining the street, while Shaurya chases after her playfully. A big, carefree smile stretches across his face.
Over breakfast, Shaurya has a hard time looking away from Anokhi's lips. She doesn't seem quite as entranced though, even letting out an impressive belch.

In voiceover, Shaurya begs Ronny not to appear and destroy what he's begun to build. Shaurya is opening himself up to love for the first time since discovering his illness, and the only obstacle is Ronny. If Ronny lets him have this, Shaurya thinks, "I will become your false image in the next life."

Shagun meets Yash's mom, who takes her out to lunch. Mom tells Shagun not to mind the rumors about her, and that everyone knows her son is more capable than Shaurya. Shagun sips her coffee, keeping her thoughts to herself.

In Shaurya's apartment, Anokhi has prepared her office for a consultation. Shaurya asks if the scented candles aren't a bit much, but Anokhi wants to set the mood for an important discussion: appropriate doctor-patient relations (we're a little late for that, aren't we?).
She warns him about the danger of positive transference, which is when a patient grows overly attached to his doctor. Shaurya notes with quiet amusement that Anokhi is actually the one who seems uncomfortable.

She spaces out for a second, entranced by Shaurya's smile and puppy-dog eyes. Nonplussed, Anokhi escapes to the kitchen, claiming that she needs some coffee. Anokhi gulps down some water. "Positive transference, my ass!" she snorts. She knows that she is the one developing unprofessional feelings, and tells herself to get a grip.

When Anokhi returns to the office, Shaurya is nowhere to be found. But there is a message scrawled on a notebook that says, "I am Rohit." Anokhi goes around the house in search of Shaurya's youngest alter. A hunch brings Anokhi upstairs to her own room. Inside, she sees a figure in pink hunched behind the enormous stuffed bear that Ronny bought her on their short-lived first date. Anokhi calls out softly to Rohit..This is not Rohit but Nicky. Anokhi recognizes the bunny pajamas as her own, which sparks a hilarious girl fight ("You're so strong!" Nicky complains).

Anokhi stops fighting to ask about the stuffed bear, and Nicky explains that Nana was playing with it. Nicky turns away to rummage through Anokhi's dresser, complaining that she doesn't have any pretty clothes or makeup. Nicky finds Anokhi's family portrait and demands Anokhi's oppa's number (it seems like there's at least one person who thinks Pawan has Hritik Roshan-level looks).

Both of them eye Anokhi's unguarded cell phone, and Nicky breaks for it first. Anokhi grabs for Nicky's hood to stop her, causing her to tumble down the stairs and lose consciousness. Shaurya wakes up hours later, with no memory of what happened. He finds Anokhi in the living room patching Ronny's gift, with empty beer cans and soju bottles lying all around. Anokhi hides behind the bear until Shaurya identifies himself, then tells him what happened.