Chapter 6

The walk home was surprisingly silent, though neither noticed the quietness as their heads were filled with worries or questions. 

Y/N worried that Cyno would kick her out, knowing she was more of a human than she was of a kitsune. She knew that Cyno found human company to be bothersome since it was one of the reason why Cyno could tolerate her and nobody else. Would she have to go back to Inazuma? Back to her mocking peers and jeering people? Or would she have to wander the hot desert alone again in hopes of finding her father?

Cyno on the other hand, had so many unanswered questions his brain was like a thunderstorm. All this time, these past 4 years, he was living with a person? Does Y/N even count as a person? He was living with... half a person? Why didn't she reveal herself to him sooner? Did she not trust him? Or did she dislike him? Did she only show her true identity because she was forced too?

Yea it's safe to say the pair were equally as stressed.

Entering their home, Cyno finally decides that speaking would be more beneficial than worrying. Placing Y/N down on the dining table and taking off his cloak, he starts a fire and begins brewing some tea.

He is much to calm in this situation, is he planning on eating me along with his afternoon tea. Y/N thinks to herself.

If I focus on the tea, maybe she'll start the conversation. What if she decides that she doesn't like me and leaves? Cyno thinks to himself.

Deciding the teapot could be left unattended as the tea brewed, Cyno returned to the table and sat across from Y/N, who was still in her kitsune form.

"..."

"Please don't kick me out."

"Please don't leave."

The two blurted at the same time. Staring at each other as they blinked in shock. Okay... at least that's one thing I don't have to worry about.

"Why would I kick you out?" Cyno asked looking curiously at the kitsune.

"... I thought you wouldn't want me with you anymore since... I'm technically a person and you detest people." Y/N replied looking down at the table, ears flat and tail limp on the table.

"It's true that I don't certain people," Cyno says with a cough "but that does not mean I dislike you. At the end of the day you're still my fox and still my responsibility."

"Hey I am not property!" Y/N replied back. Her usual spark immediately returning.

"Rebellious phase?"

"I'm only a year younger than you." The kitsune says, swishing her tail in annoyance.

"..."

"You are?"

"I am."

The two went on back and fourth with Cyno throwing questions and Y/N being hit in the face with them. After a good 10 minuntes she was saved when the tea kettle started whistling. 

With a sigh, Cyno stands up from his seat and begins to pour the tea. He places a mug in front of his chair and places another in front of Y/N, which she looks at with confusion.

"Where's my dish?" The kitsune asks. She usually receives a small dish with tea, water, etc; instead of a mug.

"No dish." Cyno says as if he was dismissing a child. "I want you to talk to me as Y/N this time."

"But I am Y/N?" Is Cyno alright?

"I want to see the actual you, I'm assuming since you're half human and since kitsune's can transform into a human, mathematically speaking , it would make you 3 quarters human instead of half. Therefore, your human form should technically be the actual Y/N while the fox form is just a substitute."

"Smartass..." Y/N mumbles to herself before sighing loudly. "Fine. You got me. You win." The girl says before changing into her human self. Happy now?"

"..."

"Cyno?"

"Hello?"

"Cyno staring at someone and not saying anything is considered creepy."

"Cyno please say something."

At this point, Y/N was shaking Cyno's shoulders while the boy was processing a million different things. "Sorry" He finally musters out before clearing his throat.

"I thought you died or something." Y/N says jokingly.

"Something likes that." Cyno mumbles softly, too quiet for Y/N to hear.

"I can make dinner for us tonight, why don't you relax for the day?" Y/N offers.

"Do you even know how to cook?"

"Ahahaha... I'm sure I can figure it out. I'm smart."

"..."

Dinner was utter chaos. Since Y/N hadn't been in her human form for a long time, her hand eye coordination was laughable and she didn't understand the concept of cracking the egg before you fry it. Nevertheless the two was able to finish making dinner and enjoyed a meal with conversation. Something the two had never done despite living together for years.

"Go take a nap, I'll do dishes."Cyno says taking both your plates and placing it in the sink. "You're tired I can tell." Noticing how your eyelids are drooping and the occasional yawns.

"Transforming makes me tired." Y/N says confirming his suspicions.

"Then stay like this and go to bed." The boy replied gesturing at their bed.

"You don't like my fox form?" the kitsune asks.

"If you transform into a fox, get tired, and pass out. Who's going to have to take care of you?"

"Fair point."

"Goodnight Y/N."

"Goodnight Cye."

Cye?!

Bonus Scene: Cyno's Q&A with Y/N

How old are you to be exact?

13. 

Where are you from?

Inazuma. 

How'd you end up in Sumeru?

I wanted to look for my father.

If you can speak in your fox form how come you never said anything?

It would be a dead giveaway that I was a kitsune. I mean, how many speaking animals do you see on a daily bases. 

Can you transform into anything you want?

Only my fox form and my human form for now, sometimes between the two. 

Between?

No elaboration.

...

Is it weird to talk on four legs?

WHAT KIND OF A QUESTION IS THAT.

Fun facts:

- Maybe Cyno just wanted to stare at your human form a little longer

- When Cyno was making tea he was really hoping you would start talking.