Prologue

If you're born as a mix between two groups, people automatically assume you'll get the gold on both ends of the rainbow. But if there is no rainbow, there is no gold and if there is no gold, then what is there?

Y/N grew up with her mother, a kitsune who worked under Lady Yae. Her father was a human, shunned by the eternal land and sent back to Sumeru. As expected, Y/N didn't know much of him as her mother would always dismiss the topic. Her last sliver of hope in knowing her father died when her mother passed away when she was four. With no clue of who her biological dad was, and the rest of her family deceased, she was taken in by Yae and brought up as Kitsune, just like her mother.

It's easy to learn the benefits of being half kitsune and half human. For one, you could transform into a human immediately after birth, even though it took most other kitsunes 13 years. Being able to transform was a kitsune's greatest pride but since Y/N was only half of one, her peers approached her with jealousy instead of admiration

At the age of 9, Y/N could no longer bare the bullying of others. The humans called her a "dirty fox" and the kitsunes called her "a taint to the bloodline". Yae was also aware she could no longer shield the girl from her peer's judgement, as her attempts ceased to be effective. Alas she allowed Y/N to venture to Sumeru, perhaps her father would be more accepting to her.

Travelling as a fox was much faster than travelling as a human. It was faster to run on four legs and much easier to fit through cracks and crevices. Though even with her kitsune blood, she was exhausted by the time she reached the desert. Unused to the bright sun and dry air, exhausted from the journey, worn out legs and a tired body, Y/N collapsed under the desert heat

Perhaps my father could wait. A nap does sound more appealing than him right now.

Though what she wasn't aware of, was the hydro vision that shined next to her as she drifted of in the hot sun.