Chapter 4

The turtles were very weary of sleeping under the same roof of the one they thought was their enemy, all of them were conflicted about whether to go to sleep. Well all but two, Mikey was exhausted  and fell asleep in Donnie’s arms while Raph seemed to relax in Leo’s arms and fell asleep, ignoring all of the looks aimed his way. After a while, Master Splinter remained awake watching over his students, Casey and Raphael while Tigerclaw seemed to remain awake but in the cottage next to them. Splinter didn’t understand what game Raphael was playing but he would soon put an end to it. 

The hours seemed to pass quite quickly for Splinter. As soon as the sun started to rise and it began filtering through the blinds of the cottage, Master Splinter began to listen to the footsteps of those who lived in this place. Footsteps had Splinter on edge; he wasn’t used to this much noise outside. He was used to living in a sewer while listening to the subways of New York City. Splinter soon realised they were out somewhere secluded in open fields while surrounded by enormous trees, nature's blessing. Groans filtered through the room as the sun filtered through the blinds right on the younger ones faces. Unless you were smart like Mikey, Raph and Casey. In other words two turtles had their faces hidden in the other turtle's plastron while Casey had his mask and hood on, hiding from any light. 

“Good Morning, Sensei” April’s tired voice snapped Splinter out of his thoughts. “Good Morning, April. How did you sleep?”. “I’ve had better but this rug is super comfy”. Splinter nodded, starting up a conversation with the Kunoichi who seemed eager to get to know the area. “Sensei, do you think we are safe here?” April asked while kicking Casey awake. “I do not know but we must remain on high alert, my student” Splinter’s reply followed groans of pain from Casey who managed to not only get kicked by a girl but by Donnie as well when the turtle's leg shifted and Casey fell off the chair he was sleeping on. “Brainiac! What was that for?” Casey’s shout definitely woke the other turtles. Donnie looked at Leo who murmured a ‘good morning’ with a smile before he looked across the room to see Splinter and April already awake. Splinter shook his head at his students' actions. “Good Morning Sensei” Leo’s voice made a rare smile appear on Splinter’s face who nodded in return. Donnie and Mikey groggily copied their older brothers' greeting while trying to wake up. “I have got to say it's unusual for us to wake up with the sun streaming on our bodies, I quite like it” Donnie confessed, Casey and Mikey nodded thinking the same thing. 

“Raph, wake up” Leo whispered to his mate while shaking his shoulder. “Bug off, I’m sleeping” Casey laughed hearing Raph’s reply, the turtle brothers shared smiles watching Leo sigh to himself while trying to wake the hothead of their group. A knock on the door alerted all of them in the room, creating an edgy atmosphere. All the boys gestured to April who groaned at them all, “Who is it?” April’s friendly voice had the edge of a small threat in it. Hoping to scare the other individual on the opposite side of the door. 

The door opened to reveal a smirking Dantzer who had one look on his face ‘Really?’ with focussed eyes. Splinter frowned at the grey arctic fox who remained studying them all. “Can we help you?” Casey asked, looking at the fox who had set his sights on one individual, looking behind him. Casey inwardly growled, Raph?. He didn’t like the way the fox was looking at his best-friend. Donnie grabbed Casey’s arm knowing that the vigilante was oddly protective over Raphael. 

“Foods ready, I was sent to get you all” Dantzer said, not looking amused in the slightest that he had to get the outsiders and bring them to where they were having breakfast. “Food! Sign me up” Everyone chuckled hearing Mikey’s cry, just as his stomach grumbled. The young turtle smiled sheepishly while rubbing his stomach, “Don't worry you will be fed soon” Mikey said while speaking to his hungry stomach. Dantzer rolled his eyes while Donnie smiled, it was like a foreshadowing moment for what Raph would be like soon.