Chapter 20

There was utter mayhem in the city as the Crux Clan fought with the Kraang in search of the heir to the Claw Clan, having learned that he was still very much alive. On top of that the same heir was said to be the heir to the Foot Clan making the protectors jobs even harder. April and Casey had been in touch with the Hamato brothers who ensured they would return soon. Firstly, they had to make sure Raphael was okay. The others understood but requested they hurried back as Savanti Romero had been spotted in the city looking for the brothers. Slash had headed back himself to help the others in the city with Sonia who was Dantzers daughter. She would return once it was safe.

“Hey Raph, how are you doing?” Mikey asked from his spot on the sofa watching Raphael feed Leah another bottle. In all honesty, Raphael looked absolutely exhausted and the others were keeping a very close eye on him. 

“In all honesty Mike, not good. My immune system isn’t working right” Raphael said, he was burping Leah who remained snuggled in his neck. Raphael was very protective over his daughter and sometimes forgot that the others were friendly. Speaking of which, the side door opened revealing Hamato Yoshi who had been sparring outside with Oroku Saki who entered only to smile at his son. Leo moved over and grimaced feeling the heat coming off his hothead’s forehead.

“You need rest, Raph” Leo sternly spoke only to receive a ‘look’. 

“Guys! We need major help!” 

April’s voice came over the shellcell that Donnie was working on. 

“Leo, we need to return but…” Donnie pointed over at Raphael who was swaying slightly with his daughter. Leo was conflicted, he knew very well that he had to make difficult decisions and the last thing he wanted to do was leave Raph to fight a battle. His mate had been alone too long.

“Leonardo, I suggest you go. I, your father, Tigerclaw and Aruma will stay to watch over Raphael and Leah” Saki spoke in a tone that one could describe as pure fatherhood. Leo could only sigh turning towards his brothers who nodded. Turning around Leo walked over to Raphael who had placed Leah down into the makeshift baby crib. 

“Raph?” 

“Just go… I understand” 

Leo was in shock at how sad Raphael sounded, he placed a hand on his partner’s shoulder and spun him around bringing his mate close to his chest. Leo tucked Raphael under his chin whispering promises that he would be back very soon. 

“Hey Tigerclaw, is he okay?” Mikey asked while pointing at the fox still asleep beside the fire. 

“I don’t know, Aruma?” 

“He’s taking a hard hit, he said he would retransform when needed to but he is mentally exhausted and I think something else…” 

“He feels betrayed” Raphael cut into their conversation with a moody glare as Saki wrapped him up knowing exactly what was wrong with his youngest brother. It seemed his son was good at reading the room especially when emotion was involved. The Hamato brothers were impressed especially when Dantzer in his fox form only blinked at them proving that Raphael was right. 

Leah cried out, Raphael moved on instinct picking his daughter back up as he blinked back tears watching as the Hamato brothers left. Leo whispered, 'I love you' before disappearing into the dark forest. Raphael could only sigh taking a seat on the sofa, he looked down at the one in his arms who was asleep. He slumped back into the cushions, closing his eyes to rest for a minute or two. Unaware of the danger lurking in the nearby future. 

It had been a solid month since Leonardo had last seen Raphael and he was missing him dearly. The protectors had split up trying to deal with not only the Kraang but the Crux Clan who wouldn't give up knowing they had an advantage as none of them were in hiding. Tigerclaw and Hamato Yoshi had joined in the fight in hopes to speed it along, but it seemed to drag by.