Chapter 32

A few days later…

“We lost an excellent warrior this past week, one who will not be forgotten. He will live through each and everyone of us and we will not let him down as he chose a path to save us all from ourselves even if it cost him his life. He lost everything and yet he powered through to save not only us but those he saw as his own. He was known by many different names but to us, his name was Dantzer Travis Talon, father, friend, husband and much more to all he interacted with. He will be missed deeply but he will live on through us all especially through our children and those we teach, a deep meaning behind the stars is a meaning of spiritual love, share your kindness and follow your heart” 

Those words stuck clearly inside his head as Saki wrapped his arms tightly around the twins, his only surviving brothers. Ikkou was holding Akio close to his chest as they watched the ceremony of their brother be celebrated by many of the clans. It turned out that Dantzer had lost Chase and Joey to a clan who killed them so in a revenge scheme, Dantzer took out the whole clan while protecting a child whom Ikkou had adopted, his name was Tobey and he was Dantzer’s youngest, he was only three so Ikkou made sure he knew who his father was. Dantzer risked his own life only to be taken down by a deadly poison that attacked his spirit killing it leaving him vulnerable, he died within a matter of days but managed to hold on to wish his nephew well and see his family one last time before he passed. 

“At least he’s happier now” Tigerclaw whispered, appearing beside the brothers, Saki could only nod. 

“Hopefully he’s causing trouble for excuse my language…the bastard of a father you all had,” Aruma said with a smile earning himself a round of smiles while Alopex placed a bunch of poppies on the memory plaque. Several others moved to place down their own gifts ranging from flowers to crystals, all very important in the remembrance of the fox.

“Akio” 

Looking up, the youngest twin turned to see Alopex gesturing over to the waterfall, Akio could only nod, extracting himself from Ikkou, he headed over to the waterfall with Aruma and Alopex following.

“What’s that about?” Ikkou turned to Yoshi like he had a clue when Saki spoke up, “The water is apparently magic, Alopex believes it can heal Akio”. 

“Yeah right” Ikkou grumbled, earning himself a slap.

“Dantzer found it, let her at least have some hope” Tigerclaw scolded Ikkou who only nodded before walking over to his twin who sat with a sad smile on his face. Ikkou could only wrap an arm around him as he helped remove the famous mask and bandages under the privacy of the shade of a nearby tree. If anything the twins were very private with their lives and appearances especially now that Ikkou had Tobey who could turn into a fox, so all were keeping an eye on the small cub who had found Tigerclaw to be the most interesting individual ever. 

“Dare I ask where Raphael is?” Yoshi turned to Saki who frowned, turning around he took notice of his son and his newly-wed husband had vanished while the children sat beside the campfire. 

“Grandpa, this is for you” Rose passed a note to Saki who took it with a smile. Travis was snoozing in Yoshi’s lap.

His eyes scanned over the note only to roll his eyes as he passed it to Tigerclaw leading to the man chuckling. 

“Dear parents, 

We have decided to take a break, well honeymoon. Leo is taking me somewhere but don’t worry Don can track me if worse comes to serve, but enough about me. Please watch the kids as I know you love them, we will be back in a week’s time. Give Akio my love, D will be missed but don’t stars fall only to be rediscovered? I recommend checking the willow tree.