Chapter 15

They do say boredom can kill you but can it actually, maybe with Raphael’s temper. Akio remained silent in the shadows of the safe house. It belonged to Ikkou and the older twin wasn’t one for sharing his locations; rather he chose a spot and built upon it leading to buildings being built in the middle of nowhere. Yes, Akio could find this house with the back of his hand due to the hidden symbols around the area which led to the path. It was an amazing little cottage with a built in secret, it was a bunker which would help in a war of some sort or how he hoped. 

The Saki family were sworn on secrets, this led to many members being not trustworthy and it granted these members to play games with their allies. Some members had to put on a strong face while others blended in with the crowds. It didn’t matter as long as it got the job done. So if one had to remain silent they would just to see how far their allies or soon to be enemies could be pushed. 

“So, can you talk or not?” Pete asked from beside Rockwell who only had eyes for the sleeping teenager in Shredder's lap. Oroku Saki running his fingers through Raphael’s hair, the hothead had developed a fever and it was worrying. Akio shook his head and signed something. “Akio, can’t speak at all” Saki answered for them all. Pete was a teenager around Mikey’s age making him older than Mikey and Raph yet he acted younger than the two. “Why?” he whined loudly which made Raphael shift in his feverish sleep. “Quieten down Pete '' Dr Rockwell lay a hand on the hyperactive teenager who nodded moving to cuddle beside the doctor who received a sharp nod from Shredder while Akio went to meditate in the corner. 

Thirty minutes had passed in comfortable silence when it was disturbed by the door opening violently startling its occupants. The individual who shoved the door open soon found a pair of sai’s against their neck. 

“Woah! Raph! It’s just me!” Casey cried out only to find it was Pete who held the sai shakily. Casey frowned until he caught sight of Raphael wrapped in a blanket in Shredder’s lap. It spiked jealousy in a certain individual who only glared at the man on the sofa. Hamato Yoshi had arrived and he moved into the big open space taking a seat directly across from his arch enemy even though Saki only raised an eyebrow and smiled at his brother who entered looking bloody while only searching for one individual. With an accurate hand, Saki pointed behind him to where Akio was meditating, Ikkou nodded. All eyes watched as Ikkou made his way over to Akio, Saki watched as his immediate younger brother woke his twin and directed him from the room. Akio stumbled slightly but managed to catch up. Dantzer had yet to make an appearance as he was sleeping somewhere in the cottage. 

“How is he?” Donnie asked, looking towards Saki who only sighed looking at Rockwell and nodded in confirmation of the silent message. “About three hours ago, Raphael came to terms of telling us something he hadn’t shared with any of us. He wasn’t feeling very well, so I took his temperature and Dantzer checked him over. Raphael has a high fever which has managed to come down quite rapidly. He has been sleeping the past hour but he hasn’t managed to eat anything other than a few biscuits. Akio has been keeping a sharp eye on him as has Saki” Rockwell explained, Saki nodded along shifting Raphael slightly as the pregnant teen was in the process of waking up and having his face in Saki’s chest wasn’t going to help him wake up the slightest. 

Leonardo chose this moment to walk into the room after a long shower, he noticed his partner in their enemies lap, carefully he walked across the room feeling all eyes on him. Emerald eyes opened to meet cobalt blue ones, Raphael groaned seeing the faces staring back at him. He felt the need to twist around in his fathers grip but he just couldn’t so with help from his biological father he was in a seated position and soon enough he was involved in a turtle hug. Mikey laughed when Raph only groaned while both Leo and Donnie smiled down at the younger two.