Chapter 2

Ty's POV

I kept running as fast as I could as I heard my dad's screams get quieter. I saw the tall trees and headed inside the forest, I went to the tree I usually go to way far back and I lay down against it, I looked back to see if he was coming, and I didn't see anyone. Thank god..I'm safe, for now. I had my headphones around my neck, I put them on my head and put the song Headphones by Hedley on.

Classroom phobic, I need a moment for me and myself..

I started to look at my new bruises what my dad did to me, Damn..some of them are worse.. Then I saw the cuts from the glass, I was bleeding badly. I took off my shoe and sock, then putted pressure against the cut, there wasn't anything else that I could except for the leaves but they were too small and not good enough. I tied my sock around my ankle the best I could; that's where the cut was, so it could stop the bleeding.

I'm feeling this mixtape, fixing my headache, shut the world out

I started to relax and sat up a bit against the tree so my back was against it. I closed my eyes, took deep breaths, and slowly exhale so I could calm down more. I listened to the lyrics of the song.

Yeah I got problems, but I got melodies to solve them

I'm coming up from the bottom, smoke 'em if you got 'em

I start to sing along to the chorus.

When the world gets loud, I get louder..

When the world get loud, I get louder!

I put my headphones on and go..

I opened my eyes when the song ended, started to think of my life since before my dad started to abuse me, I started thinking about my mom. She was so nice, kind, sweet..so many things that I could describe her. I remembered something good before when everything used to be peaceful..

-Flashback-

I saw my mom in her room, strumming her guitar and singing "Hey Soul Sister" by Train, it was her favorite song. 7 year old me slowly entered her room and my mom saw me when she stopped singing in the middle of the song. "Hi honey! Want to grab your ukulele and join me?" She said with a smile. I nodded excitedly, I ran into my room to grab it and ran back into her room then I sat next to her on her bed. She started from the beginning of the song then I joined along.

Hey, hey..hey..

-Flashback End-

Back into reality, I felt tears against my face. I miss her..I miss her so much that I want this hell to end..I cried myself to sleep that night.