XXIV.

EVERYBODY'S WATCHING ME
- THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

EVERYBODY'S WATCHING ME - THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

★━━─ ・‥...━━━☆

"rue, you look fucking amazing."

"i am deeply uncomfortable right now." rue stood so stiffly, the girls who'd chose the outfit fell into a fit of laughter.

"you look hot and the fact that you usually dress like seth rogen— although you make it cute sometimes, it crushes my soul."

while jules remained at the end of her own bed, lydia was sitting halfway out the window. there was a joint she was steadily working on, following the vaughn girl's wishes to not hot box her bedroom. there'd been an offer to rue who quickly dismissed the opportunity to smoke.

lydia wanted to smack herself across the face for forgetting rue's attempt at getting clean from everything. it was all for jules, lydia knew that. it was incredibly obvious in face of the girl she'd never seen so in love, but they were still addicts. no matter how bad they wanted it for jules, or for fez, or even lexi— neither would succeed until they wanted it for themselves.

"i don't dress like seth rogen."

"yes, you do." lydia finally crawled back into the bedroom once burning the tip of her finger with the joint.

"when was the last time you didn't wear a hoodie or sweatpants?" jules countered with a hand outstretched towards the agreeing jacobs girl.

"i don't know." rue's reluctantly admitted before lydia could say another word to aid jules's argument. "now?"

"exactly."

lydia took a position across jules' bedroom floor as the latter tugged rue towards the mattress to finish the makeup she'd started.

lydia too had to steal something from jules' closet, not that she minded, especially when the choice was a simple black dress. after an extensive explanation of the ideas roaming the fashionista's head, lydia allowed jules to decorate her face.

the allure of makeup died for the jacobs girl after the pageants, the cheerleading, the family photos, everything that forced her to become some kind of doll.

but it didn't feel that way with jules.

there weren't many options for the jacobs girl in means to the dance that night, for she'd ruined any form of a relationship with the ones she'd usually be with. honestly, she didn't really know why she was going to begin with.