VIII.

HEROIN
- LANA DEL REY

HEROIN - LANA DEL REY

★━━─ ・‥...━━━☆

"long time, no see, lyds. i've missed you."

lydia felt a genuine smile tug at her lips as the woman opened the front door to the howard's home. suze quickly wrapped her arms around the jacobs girl, nearly hitting her upside the head with her glass of wine.

lydia felt herself tense as the smell of alcohol hit her senses. she returned the gesture from the woman. "i missed you too, suze."

"come in, come in." suze's words slurred together slightly, but lydia ignored the fact. "everyone's upstairs."

"okay." lydia nodded, her eyes trailing over to the stairs inside the home. she was hit with sudden anxiety at the thought of being around her friends once again.

the energy it took to seem fine was taking a toll on the girl. if she was honest, all she wanted to do was go under a rock and stay there until death inevitably came knocking.

"look who i found." suze pushed open cassie and lexi's bedroom door, leaning against the doorframe.

lydia hesitantly stepped into the room, her eyes trailing over maddy, bb, cassie, kat, and finally lexi.

"i'm putting a lot of trust into you." suze said, pulling the girls attention away from the presence of lydia jacobs.

"don't get pregnant, cass." lydia made her way over towards lexi's bed, a sigh falling from her lips before she fell onto the bed. her head laid on lexi's lap, the later trailing her fingers through the brunette's hair.

"that's not funny, lyds." suze spared the jacobs girl one last look before her eyes fell back onto her daughter. "don't you dare get pregnant."

"relax, mom. he has a roommate." cassie didn't spare any attention to the comment made by lydia.

"i want you to keep your phone on throughout the night. send me a photo when you get back to the dorm with a clock in it." suze laid out her orders for her daughter.

maddy furrowed her eyebrows at the woman. "like a ransom photo?"

"i hate you." cassie replied to her mother, shaking her head in disbelief.

lydia shook her own head, but it was directed towards cassie rather than suze. all the woman was doing was protecting her daughter, yet cassie didn't understand the fact. lydia would've gave anything to have a mother like suze rather than the one she was given. alcoholism and all. at least the woman still cared.