Chapter 4

I lie here paralytic inside  this  pod, unable to wake up, been asleep for who knows how long... I wanna break out
I need a way out... stuck in an endless dream inside...I have no idea where I am...
The worst is still waiting....In this world I'm suffocating....   All my thoughts gathered after I finally woke from the pod, I was surrounded by dimly lit lights to my relief , I don't think I could've handled it if they were brightly lit, I was put in the lowest area of wherever I had ended up after last seeing Gerald.... I could feel it had been so long since I had contact with anyone my heart longed for a friend or an ally  but I had a mix of emotion... i wasn't sure if I wanted to be close to anyone again since the trauma GUN put me through, but now I was face to face with another human I could sense their intention and my own were similar, I was to carry out Gerald's plan of vengeance but the man in front of me seemed to want vengeance for another reason. After a short conversation with the man I set out to look for the seven chaos emeralds to help me on my mission... here is where I was lead astray..... the first and second emerald were easy but GUN were off my back which was strange I never got the news that there was another hedgehog in the area one that I came to face with, during my pursuit of gaining the third Chaos emerald.... the emerald this time was in one of GUN's machines it was a tricky situation I couldn't allow my self to be seen, I was able to knock it out but the rattling as I was looking for the emerald caused another hedgehog to appear emerging from the darkness before seeing the wreckage I caused. " Hey what are you doing " he called out as he approached I had just grabbed the emerald but I almost dropped it when he approached which had me startled I looked back to see who this was at he stayed on the ground though he didn't bother to try and climb up the machine, I looked down at him before giving a smirk i then tossed the emerald in the air and caught it as a triumph.

The hedgehog below me jumped back in surprise.
" So it was you who was framing me!?"
I had no idea what he was taking about
I just held my ground watching him.
"Say something you fake hedgehog!" He then called out again.

" Fake? Who you calling Fake? I don't even know who you are" I spat before he decided to attack me, under the light of the moon we fought for what seemed like hours was really just minutes neither of us went down easily, something about the fight though I was actually enjoying it but it was put to an end when I heard helicopters and cop cars in the distance, I decided to use chaos control I didn't think to take him with me....  things were going according to plan sadly the fourth emerald was in the same area as where the blue hedgehog I saw was taken which I later found out...
————————
I will save you all from saying stuff you already know well now, I'm sure you know what I've been through from here by going on a vengeance path to being saved by Egg man only to go through amnesia, I will say stuff you probably wouldn't know now....
After all of this, I chose not to stay on the planet Maria and I always wanted to be since the day I had met her she'd talk about it and we'd imagine our life there together....
I couldn't stay there, not after everything, living without her and Gerald took it's toll on me, I was alone I'd only leave by chaos snap, it's how I teleport without a chaos emerald. Mainly had to leave for food or GUN calling me out for missions, wasn't my decision to participate, they wanted to continue to keep their chains on me, as long as their around I have doubt i would ever truly be free.....I was jealous of Sonic for this though nothing holding him back.... I just can't seem to shake off GUN despite all my best efforts, never failed a mission, didn't get hurt during one either ( ok I did but I heal quicker than others possibly due to being part black arm), and I followed orders didn't matter what they gave me I still had to do it....

It really wasn't my idea though I know the people who took everything I had are gone by now but still it doesn't help, working for the same place that caused me so much pain and grief.....
I just want a better life than this....

I sighed, laying on my old bed for a while, actually I was curled up in bed looking out a window into space, I allowed my imagination to wonder, trying to imagine Maria's reflection in that window next to mine trying to think on what she'd say if she saw me like this, but nothing came to mind, her reflection would just stare blankly at me, that was all I could think of before I checked the time, when I had got my phone out, I saw that GUN had a mission for me. A growl escaped me but I got up anyway grunting a bit as I got my socks and shoes on.

This had become a habit since I started working with them, I don't think I was prepared for what was to occur when I entered the facility....