Chapter 18

I looked for a way to escape but the creature got up, injured but could fight still my mistake was not making sure it was dead  it pinned me down as I took a few steps back plotting an escape.
Pieces from the house buried in my fur, burrowing into my back under the grasp of this unknown being, I couldn't move only thing i could try was biting the hand, I went for one of its fingers and latched on tightly, not letting go even as it flailed me around letting me go, a few shakes caused me to start to lose grip though as it flung its arm around screaming, I was flung into a nearby wall before falling to the ground.  Breathing heavily but the creature lost interest in me and ran off retreating but it ended up dying right as it tried to retreat, a gun had went off, ringing in my ears. It was loud, I had gotten used to using such weapons during my time with GUN still the loud bang was hard to get used to,  I rose to my knees breathing heavily, ears pinned to my head, my ears were still not used to loud noises even when guns fired off before my ears would lower and pin themselves against my head.
I didn't recover in time as two soldiers walked cautiously toward me, I made no moves to try and attack even now I still had no will to attack them despite being controlled earlier only instinct that came was run but I was left  unable even with weapons pointed toward me. I wasn't afraid though but then a familiar voice was heard behind the soldiers " wait" I couldn't see who until she flew over getting in front of the soldiers, Rouge.

I perked up after seeing her, I could feel my tail wagging behind me, I didn't realize how much I missed her.
" Shadow?" She was surprised but offered her hand out which I grabbed and she helped me up. The agents grew cautious seeing that I was standing now.
" the commander wanted us to bring him in dead"
" or alive" Rouge interrupted one of them, there were at least ten agents from what i could see other than Rouge.

" I'm not going... I can't face the commander..." I then pulled my arm away from Rouge not wanting to be escorted back to the place I was trying to stay away from.
Rouge looked back at the soldiers .
"I'll handle him he's part of my team, I might need Omega's help though if you can find him." Rouge then said, the soldiers turned away with some hesitation but non of them went against her knowing there would be trouble if so. Once all of them had gone separate ways she looked at me.
" I won't be taking you back to head quarters, I know something occurred since you went missing for sometime it isn't like the commander to send you off alone on a mission. I also saw them put your GUN outfit in a closet I didn't ask about it though alarm bells were already going off at that point."

I wasn't surprised knowing Rouge, she'd be the first to know if something was wrong.
" seems your suspicion was correct... I'd rather not speak of the horrors that occurred to me but they left me to die afterwards, ditching me." There wasn't enough light here so i didn't think she'd be able to see the mark on my back.

Her expression changed when I spoke on being left abandoned to die. Hand in front of her mouth, ears lowered, shock and hurt was shown in her eyes.

" Sonic found me, he and Tails helped... I feel bad Tails had to see a terrible injury... I was a bit hard on Sonic I'll admit... "
Rouge's expression didn't change for some time, shaking her head.
" GUN have always been hard on you, even now... it's not surprising that you were hard on the blue hedgehog, you two have been rivals for a long time. He seems to care despite you two being at odds."
She smiled slightly though she still seemed to be melancholy telling by her tone of voice.
I started to wonder where Sonic was now not that I worried about him, he could handle himself but as for me, I wasn't quite sure if I could handle myself... two sides were against me and I'm here unsure of what to do about it, belonging to neither one. 
It didn't take long before something robotic was heard heading our way heavy metal clunking toward us seemed like Omega hadn't been too far from where Rouge and I were.

Rouge left my side to greet our robotic teammate I was glad to see him too, he was damaged but not badly nothing that couldn't be fixed.
" Omega, can you do a scan on Shadow? "
She asked, unsure as to why but I didn't go against it.
" are you fine with this?" Omega asked, I just gave a nod before he ran a quick scan, the scan took about ten minutes before being complete he ended up printing a long paper through a receipt type of paper.
Rouge checked it out before I could see it.
" Physically you're ok but seems you're going through way more mental trauma than before,  also the scan found some complication with your back. Apparently there was a bad injury there. "  she then folded the paper and put it into a pocket of her uniform. She normally hated wearing the uniform she just didn't feel comfortable in it.
I knew there was more to it than that.
I said nothing, I then turned away from them showing my back, Omega shined a light. I could feel the mood changed Rouge seemed shocked at what she was seeing.
" Did they do this?" She asked surprised and enraged I didn't have to respond she already knew. 
The light turned off Omega was silent he usually handled emotion differently
" They'll pay for this the ones that did this shall pay!!" He turned away but Rouge stopped him before he could do his pursuit.
In the distance an explosion went off  reminding the three of us on the situation at hand.
" we can worry about it later we have bigger things right now." Rouge turned to look at me it was obvious she wasn't going to take me back to Head quarters but I wasn't safe out here alone either.

Rouge wanted to say something but wasn't sure on what I knew both were needed on the battlefield I just waved to them before heading off on my own again, dashing off away from the city... .