Chapter 29

Blacking out for a few minutes, the headache had caused it I was getting tired of Doom doing that still surrounded though but I wasn't attacked, I couldn't see Doom anymore the taller creatures were blocking my view but I didn't wait long before the crowd split as Doom stood behind me I didn't know which way to turn when trying to see him turned out I was facing toward the crowd not at all where Doom was he put a hand on my shoulder causing a flinch and I looked back, he held something in his other arm, holding it close to his chest, hard to tell I was confused still, head still pounding I was immune to illness but not from headaches or migraines.
Doom took his hand away before showing what he found near the tree, "Sonic" then a creature grabbed me
" he tried to attack us."
" we fought back" another said in their language. The creature let go after it got my attention I really didn't like being grabbed much I turned back to Doom, Sonic was unconscious and heavily beat from the attacks of the others. I braced for a fight if Doom harmed him but he didn't, he seemed surprised though that I'd want to help the blue hedgehog.
" You care about this young hero?" Doom asked in curiosity I figured he'd seen all of my memories by now, everything I've been through and the ones to of helped me through each challenge but Sonic took the longest despite his best efforts before GUN decided I was more of a danger now.

"He cared for me while I was injured, been helping me since I owe him for his deeds is all."
Doom gave a sigh  before turning away setting Sonic down on the ground " well then  he saved you so his death shall be slow "
I couldn't allow it, I braced myself to lunge toward Doom but an explosion nearby caused us all to look away, as the smoke came enveloping the area in dark smoke as Gun shots rang out.
Doom left Sonic to see what was happening I didn't get to see what happened I ran to Sonic before the smoke got to where I was, I laid beside him shielding him from the smoke I couldn't die from it but mortals could it was hard to see now but i could hear the gun shots closing in GUN were coming seemed they knew where I had gone to. I owed Sonic though after everything i couldn't let him die here not like this shielding him instead of  fighting for my life out there. Doom tried protecting his army I thought I didn't belong here but seems I was still needed after all, the world was against me but that doesn't mean everyone was.
I couldn't see the smoke was starting to sting  I didn't know how long I stayed like that but I never left his side, Doom though was nearby I could hear him yelling orders I had to do something but I couldn't see and I didn't exactly know which direction Doom was in but i could hear shouting from the commander in the distance as well. 
I made no movement though eventually the wind kicked in blowing the smoke in another direction one it cleared enough, I moved away no longer shielding him but then a gun loading was heard nearby I sensed it was aimed toward me, ears twitched slightly awaiting for the shot but it didn't come the gun went off but aimed at a creature that was near me, I didn't relax just yet though I took this as my chance to pick Sonic up and get out of there, the soldier allowed it I made eye contact after picking up the blue hedgehog saying nothing seemed they understood what I was doing.
I made no move to attack as I carried Sonic away, soldiers passed me by as they darted into the forest I just went back to the home of the blue hedgehog his injuries weren't deep at least.
Knowing the commander he's be informed that I had been in the forest he'd probably be told that I was with Sonic most likely, knowing him he'll think I hurt him... sighing I tended to Sonic's injuries being reminded of the ark how a scientist showed me how to bandage a wound I was really good at the medical stuff after being shown.

I badly missed those on the ark the ones I knew once.... It was so long ago but it doesn't seem like it.... Trying to keep from crying didn't help I went to the guest room after patching Sonic's injuries leaving him on the couch I wanted him to pull through I was worried he was dying and maybe I wasn't doing something right... hugging the pillow I ended up letting it all out, my grief....
I only made things worse, I wanted to confront Doom wanting to leave but what good would that do? I planned to leave running from my troubles instead of confronting them.... I went to make food after sometime passed I could still hear the shots echoing though seemed the fight was still going on I couldn't leave Sonic alone  here though he needed me right now.
Only one thing to try he'd been out for quite sometime I decided to make him some chili dogs it seemed easy he had a recipe of it, wasn't hard to find it was in a book on a shelf in the kitchen he book marked it.  He had some notes on a paper, there was a certain way he liked them so I followed the recipe as best i could. He had all the ingredients. I added a few extra things to it after I was done just some jalapeños and a bit of spice mix to the chili then I also added some cheese on top pepper Jack.

At least now he can try something I've made his food he had made wasn't bad it did beat the stuff I ate on the ark, most of the ark food was dry and stale Sonic's though was more flavorful I ended up making extra for myself.
Setting the plate of food on the coffee table like Sonic did for me, I set mine on the other end, once he smelled the food he perked up awakened by the aroma from the meal.
he sat up and winced from the pain at first confused but found himself in the comfort of his own home, he noticed me and the chili dogs.
He didn't ask questions just yet he decided to eat first. I ate with him not saying anything I wished I could've helped him though it was my fault he went into the forest.
He ate rather quickly I wasn't sure if he liked the way I made the food I ate slowly feeling comfortable here at GUN I ate quickly trying hard to not let them take my meals away I realized I forgot to ask permission though from Sonic before eating I curled up in a ball after eating my first one.
" Too spicy for you?" Sonic teased but then he realized something was wrong when I didn't retort back.
" Shadow?" No response I just shivered, having flashbacks on what occurred when I wasn't given permission. I felt a hand on me, stroking my quills gently, I didn't normally like being touched much but this was different. I eventually uncurled. " Hey Shadow, you ok? "
He stepped away going back to the couch each step seemed to hurt him but his concern was stronger than the pain, he sat and awaited my response.
" I didn't ask for permission to eat..."
Sonic sighed " I know you're used to GUN's rules but you're not there now. If you're afraid of being punished you don't have to worry about that here. " his tone was reassuring and comforting I knew he wouldn't harm me still being used to the torment it was nice to know Sonic wouldn't be willing to harm me I decided to eat the rest of the meal still cautious.

The questions came after I ate though I explained to him what occurred after he passed out. Then there was a knock at the door. They were here for me, Sonic got up deciding to answer the door I stayed back already knowing who was there.