Intruder Alert

Sameer's POV

The perfect catastrophe occurring in front of our eyes made us crackle with laughter.

The look on those two guys' faces was priceless. We just couldn't hold it back.

Shiv's desperation to kill us was obvious by the looks he sent our way.

But fortunately, he can't

Mr. Patel seemed to hurry our way as he held something in his hand.

"Deliver this order to this address", he said, handing me the package and the address.

"I think I should charge the agency more for these kinds of works I do here", I joked.

"It's all included in your salary", he laughed, "Just make it fast".

I nodded, grabbing the bike keys. Reaching there,I knocked on the door and an old lady opened.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"Hmm... I am here to deliver a package from Imperial Café. Didn't you order it?" I asked, raising my eyebrows in question.

"Yes... I can't believe it worked", she squealed excitedly.

Aww....learning how to use technology makes elderly people so happy.

"Oh. Is this your first time ordering something? I hope, you know you have to pay for it", I joked but her reaction lacked laughter.

I wonder why

"What!? I have to pay for this?" she asked all shocked.

"Yeah... It comes along with the delivery charge", I explained.

"But isn't everything online is free!!"

"Wish it worked that way", I replied, giving an awkward smile.

"Sorry, beta. Can you wait till my grand daughter gets home so she can pay you?" she requested.

"It's okay dadi", I reassured.

After a few hours of boredom, I began wondering where exactly this granddaughter of hers works to be this late.

And there was no sight of Dadi to keep me company. Guess, she decided to rest rather than having a conversation with a stranger.

Understandable

I returned to skimming aimlessly on my phone when I heard the sound of a bike parking outside.

______________________________________

Shreya's POV:

Shit.

I have never been this late home. I just pray Dadi is not that mad at me

As I entered the house hurriedly, I noticed the door was already open.

That's when my attention was grabbed by the unfamiliar bike parked outside our house.

Omg!! Someone broke into our house.
Is Dadi safe? What should I do now?

I decided to get into action rather than standing like a statue. Much to my desperation and luck, all I could find was a bat.

'That's enough for me', I gaslighted myself.

I entered inside to see a young man sitting on the couch casually.

The nerve!!!!

I should teach him a lesson, not to mess with me. He stood up and began moving towards me as soon as he noticed my presence.